Rating details question

jsc1205

jsc1205

Now that the rating pops up on screen when a movie plays, how do we show the details of the rating?  Screenshots are Emby compared to Netfix.

Screenshot_20220803-133230_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20220803-133626_Netflix.jpg

Hi, Emby Server currently does not track that information, so before we can show it we have to first find a source for it.

jsc1205
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, Emby Server currently does not track that information, so before we can show it we have to first find a source for it.

Any idea where others like Netflix, Hulu etc etc pull that info?  I did not see anything on TMDB so wondering where the source would come from so you guys could implement it.

Do they show the same values for the same content? They're either getting it from the content owners or they might have interns doing it for every new video added to their catalog.

jsc1205

I know Common Sense Media has info on ratings etc and I have seen a post or two about implementing their rating info into Emby.  Wonder if that would work?

16 hours ago, jsc1205 said:

I know Common Sense Media has info on ratings etc and I have seen a post or two about implementing their rating info into Emby.  Wonder if that would work?

Hi.  We have investigated this in the past and the cost to us was well beyond the benefit of the information we were getting.  We can potentially explore again in the future.