2 Questions regarding Playlists and Passthrough Audio.

Mekkers

Mekkers

Hi all

First of, i must say as a long time Plex user, that Emby really deliver on all counts and i simply love it, never looked back. But I have 2 things that i do not understand very good and was hoping to get a dumbed down explanation :) 

My setup is:

• Emby Server Running on Windows 11, Intel NUC i7 32GB
  • Kodi & Emby Theater Running on Windows 11, Intel NUC i7 32GB
  • Sonos ARC+SUB+2x Sonos One
  • Samsung 75" 4K Neo QLED TV QE75QN90

First: Playlists

I did think when i added stuff to my playlist that this was my private list, but to my big surprise other users did also see my list and what i have added? Aren't playlist personal (private)? And how does playlists work?

Second: Passthrough Audio

This is pretty far from my comfort zone, but on Kodi as I mostly use in house, the sound i fantastic when set to passthrough. 5.1, DTS, Atmos and so on, is just a blast to listen to in movies. Is there some sort of passthrough setting to use with Emby when using Emby Theater or Chrome for playback? When looking at "Stats for Nerds" i see audio is often transcoded. So i short, can i get same sort of setup in Emby as I'm using in Kodi regarding playback?

PS I'm a total n00b when it comes to all this audio formats and stuff :)

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Mekkers said:

First: Playlists

I did think when i added stuff to my playlist that this was my private list, but to my big surprise other users did also see my list and what i have added? Aren't playlist personal (private)? And how does playlists work?

Nope, they ain't. Long discussion (and playlists overhaul long overdue) here, you can lend your support as well:

6 minutes ago, Mekkers said:

Second: Passthrough Audio

This is pretty far from my comfort zone, but on Kodi as I mostly use in house, the sound i fantastic when set to passthrough. 5.1, DTS, Atmos and so on, is just a blast to listen to in movies. Is there some sort of passthrough setting to use with Emby when using Emby Theater or Chrome for playback? When looking at "Stats for Nerds" i see audio is often transcoded. So i short, can i get same sort of setup in Emby as I'm using in Kodi regarding playback?

Enable Audio passthrough. 

• Like 1

Mekkers

Thanks for the info, regarding playlists, makes less than no sens to me to have them public, really hope that will change soon :)