2K/4K Default Sort Order

EkoOne

EkoOne

Hi,

I have a few hundred movies some of which are 2K only versions while others have both 2K and 4K versions which are named "[Movie Title] - 2K Master" and "[Movie Title] - 4K Master" respectively. However, in the Version picker the default order of the file names lists "4K Master" before "2K Master" which - assuming an alphabetical listing - is opposite of what's expected given the current naming convention. I have also tried various naming schemes and for whatever reason the 4K version is always displayed (and played) by default.

For single movie playback it's not an issue since I can obviously select the resolution I want. However it becomes an issue when I want to automatically play multiple movies back-to-back, such as an entire collection, some of which may have a 4K version. While the device being used plays 2K perfectly it may not have the processing power required for 4K, not without near constant buffering.

So my question is can the sort order of the Version picker be manually configured somehow based on playback resolution or perhaps a specific naming convention? So when multiple versions (resolutions) of a movie exist it will default to whichever one the user explicitly sets, which in my case would be 2K unless I want to manually override the default setting.

Thanks.

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, EkoOne said:

So my question is can the sort order of the Version picker be manually configured somehow based on playback resolution or perhaps a specific naming convention?

Nope, it cannot. Lend your support here: