Tracks belonging to the same album added to different albums.

MartinCheetham
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

MartinCheetham

I have a couple of tracks which belong to the same album but EMBY puts them into separate albums.  Generally when this has happened in the past I have figured it out as there was some tag which was different.  In this case I have looked at all the tags (including the hidden ones) and can see no obvious reason why these tracks have been put in different albums (with the same name).  The only difference that I can see is that one track is a .mp3 the other is an .aac.  Admittedly this is an unusual situation but I don't see why this should cause the tracks to be put in different albums.

Hi there, are they tagged with the same album and album artist values? That's what you need for them to be grouped as an album.

MartinCheetham

Yes - as far as I can tell the relevant tags are identical.  I'm attaching some images.  Perhaps you can see something I've missed.  MP3TAG of the two tracks, images of the extended tags and finally of the EMBY music library.

Extended Tags1.jpg

Extended Tags2.jpg

MP3TAG Image.jpg

EMBY Library.jpg

• Solution

What do you see in the emby metadata editor for each track? That will be the easiest way to spot the differences.

MartinCheetham

OK - good call.  The album name was truncated for one track.  I fixed that and now all is OK.  I am baffled though as the tags for both tracks have the full album name and I have rescanned the library many times since spotting this.  Perhaps just changing a tag doesn't force EMBY to rescan the metadata for the track?

On 7/28/2022 at 12:39 PM, MartinCheetham said:

OK - good call.  The album name was truncated for one track.  I fixed that and now all is OK.  I am baffled though as the tags for both tracks have the full album name and I have rescanned the library many times since spotting this.  Perhaps just changing a tag doesn't force EMBY to rescan the metadata for the track?

Hi, it does. A normal library scan should have picked up the changes, assuming the date modified timestamp of the audio file has also changed.

Thanks for the feedback.