Jump to content

Strange Favorites Issue - Adding a show adds an unrelated movie too


Edrock200
 Share

Recommended Posts

Edrock200

So, I have a rather odd emby issue, and I'm not even sure where to begin to troubleshoot it. If I add a TV Show to Favorites, an unrelated Movie gets added as well, and it's always the same pariing.

E.g. if I add the show "Gold Rush: Dave Turin's Lost Mine", it will get added to favorites as well as the movie "I Want to Go to School (1959)"

Thinking maybe it was something with this particular emby instance, I tried it on my test emby server. Same issue. Then I thought, well these emby db's are clones of one anothers, so I logged into a friends Emby server which is completely independent of mine, different library setup, configs and all. Same thing happened there. Is this a bug by chance?

Removing the show from favorites also removes the unrelated Movie from favorites.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper

Likely TV show's TVDB Id and movie's TMDB Id are identical - rare occurence but it does happen. Can your share External IDs section from Edit Metadata dialog for both of those items? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edrock200

Ha. yep, they are identical. No fix for this though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper

Delete one of those IDs and lock item. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edrock200

hmm looks like deleting tmdb id from meta but leaving imdbid is a workaround. just not sure if next full scan will repopulate from nfos

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
Just now, Edrock200 said:

hmm looks like deleting tmdb id from meta but leaving imdbid is a workaround. just not sure if next full scan will repopulate from nfos

 

Delete TMDB Id from nfo then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edrock200

It's all automated, the nfo generation, by another app. Also if even if I deleted the nfo and made sure it would return, I would need to disable tvdb/tmdb agents on the libraries no? Wouldn't they come back on the next full scan? So not sure if that will be realistic long term. so does emby treat tmdb and tvdb id's the same with regards to favorites?

 

Appreciate the insight and help by the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Edrock200 said:

It's all automated, the nfo generation, by another app. Also if even if I deleted the nfo and made sure it would return, I would need to disable tvdb/tmdb agents on the libraries no? Wouldn't they come back on the next full scan? So not sure if that will be realistic long term. so does emby treat tmdb and tvdb id's the same with regards to favorites?

 

Appreciate the insight and help by the way.

Tbh never investigated that scenario in-depth, but as an easy test: delete TMDB Id from movie, lock the item and run scan, see what gives, does it get read back or not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edrock200
30 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Tbh never investigated that scenario in-depth, but as an easy test: delete TMDB Id from movie, lock the item and run scan, see what gives, does it get read back or not? 

That's what I'm doing, was just curious if you new off the top as a full scan takes a while, but it's running. As far as I can tell the external ID fields are not lockable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
27 minutes ago, Edrock200 said:

As far as I can tell the external ID fields are not lockable.

Not individually as some fields are lockable, but if you scroll to the very bottom there is "Lock this item to prevent future changes" that should teoretically apply to everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edrock200
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Not individually as some fields are lockable, but if you scroll to the very bottom there is "Lock this item to prevent future changes" that should teoretically apply to everything.

Ahh thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...