Dosn't seem that Emby respond on ssl port 8920

Mekkers
Go to solution Solved by Mekkers,

Mekkers

Hi all

I'm an old plex user moved emby and i love it :)

The server is running on a fresh installed Windows 11 NUC box and all is well, local and remote connections on port 8096 works like a charm and so far so good :)

A few days ago i started playing with ssl to get connections secure, i followed MikeB111's guide to the letter an have it all setup as it should, but i dont get a hint of response on ssl port 8920, not even when i telnet localhost 8920, no sign of life what so ever.

Just to add, windows firewall on local PC and for external, Sonicwall is correct set up.

Im out of ideas on what to try sins the port 8920 seems dead even as mention on localhost. 

Hello Mekkers,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi there, how did you setup SSL in Emby Server? You have to do that first before you can use the SSL port.

Mekkers
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how did you setup SSL in Emby Server? You have to do that first before you can use the SSL port.

Hi Luke

I have only followed MikeB111's post , nothing more, is there som setup to do before this?

Emby Setup

Now log in to your Emby server setup.  Go to "Network," in the field "External Domain" you put your domain name, so yourdomain.net or whatever you chose.  For "Custom SSL certificate path," browse to the .pfx file that was created by the le64 program.  In the "Certificate Password" field put whatever password you used in the .BAT file above when you created your certificate.  Then for "Secure Connection Mode" I recommend you choose "Required for all remote connections." 

You also have to log in to your home router and forward port 8920 to the computer running your Emby server.  I'm not going to give directions on how to do this, it depends on your router, but it's super easy.

That's it.  You need to restart your Emby Server, and then you're done!  You can now access your server remotely and securely at https://yourdomain.net:8920. 

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.686e29292c16e2f93e5817168bfc2c93.png

Edited by Mekkers

• Solution
Mekkers
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

What was the solution?

When creating the this file, i forgot to remove the last" from his example "yourdomain.net" :)

@[member="Echo"] off
le64 --key account.key --csr domain.csr --csr-key domain.key --crt certificate.csr --domains "yourdomain.net" --generate-missing --handle-as dns --export-pfx yourpasswordhere --live
pause

• Thanks 1