FFMPEG problems

Townsey
Go to solution Solved by Townsey,

• Solution
Townsey

I have got the ffmpeg problem where nothing will play back.

I have followed various solutions and non of them have worked.

Replaced the package in the jail shell, then replace the whole of the jail with the latest BETA version and still get the dreaded

image.png.e6af262b812729adb7d5b50a3fe5f17e.png

Can some one give me some pointers as getting rather frustrated with something that should work out of the box. 

Thank you

embyserver (2).txt

Edited by Townsey

Happy2Play

Don't know the platform but

ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/emby-server/lib/libavutil.so.57 not found

Townsey

Hi Happy2Play

Thanks for the pointer, but checking I can see both libc.so.7 and libavutil.so.57 are in the relevant directories

What is ld-elf.so1?

I am using FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE with a completely fresh install from the latest downloaded .ISO so presuming jail and other stuff should be up to date.

Have not done an update to the jail as last time I did that it broke everything.

So anyone else have some ideas, as I have database full of files that cannot be played via Emby's playback, no problem down the network with VLC player and 

the like.

Thanks again HappyPlay

files are in the relevant directories

Edited by Townsey

SilentStrike

Hey @Townsey,

I was experiencing that same issue just 2 weeks ago.. It was a pain to resolve, I'll say that. And it also affects a LOT of videos.. I feel your pain. And quite frankly, doing research on t he "FBSD_1.7 required" error was... Not giving much results..

A bit of background of what "my mistake" was.. I've been reinstalling my jail because I entirely changed pools and just wanted to start fresh. However, although on the latest TrueNAS-13.0-U1, I figured I'd make my jail in the same version.. So my jail was installed with 13.0-RELEASE. While running 13.0-RELEASE, boy that error was a pain in the butt. Move along, a lot of research on this barely documented issue and what I was understanding was that "some package wasn't running the latest version". Upgraded my jail to 13.1-RELEASE, then made sure to "pkg update && pkg upgrade" the jail. Tried things out, everything was working fine after that moment. So it was definitely a question of "there's a wrong package somewhere". I just can't tell you which one.

So, what now? If I were in your shoes, this is what I'd suggest..

1- If your jail is indeed running 13.1-RELEASE, make sure to pkg update && pkg upgrade. Maybe there's a package that's not up to date. If the update actually does something, test it out!

2- If your jail is running 13.1 and update/upgrade doesn't do squat.. I'd try reinstalling your jail entirely. If you've been riding the same jail for a while, the installed packages have changed a whole lot in the recent version. There may be something not fully running right. 

3- If a fresh jail isn't working, still? I'd question that you have all the proper packages installed. Here's a peak at my 2 commands I run to install Emby in a jail. Adapt it to your use-case, but maybe your list of packages is a tad off.

echo '{"pkgs":["libass","fontconfig","freetype2","fribidi","gnutls","iconv","opus","sqlite3","libtheora","libva","ocl-icd","libvorbis","webp","libzvbi","libraw","ImageMagick6","tesseract","intel-media-sdk","libunwind","libinotify","openssl","icu","krb5"]}' > /tmp/emby.json
iocage create -n "emby" -p /tmp/emby.json -r 13.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.0.201/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" allow_mlock="1" boot="on" priority="1"
rm /tmp/emby.json

Logically speaking, I think one of those 3 solutions should get you up and functional. Let me know if this helps you out! Very curious how this turns out for you.. Again, I feel your pain with that issue.

Edited by SilentStrike

Townsey

Well SilentStrike I have installed the OS again and then updated the created jail, all went well till OK till got to this stage, It appears

that there is a mismatch in the Freenas versions as the screen shot shows.

I cannot find version 13.1 to update the jail so I am a little stuck as to how to get the jail updated to 13.1 if I can as the OS is 13.0

or does that not matter as a jail is a jail?

I have another problems as I'm a 72 year old novice command line work is not my best area, but it keeps the brain cells working🙃.

I did not understand the command line you sent to install a jail from the shell,  is there a line missing  before "echo '{"pkgs":["libass" "........

I understand what it is doing just the command to get that started, for forgive me if I seem to be rather dumb.

Have now updated iocage to 13.1 all packages it say they are up to date. The jail shell says I am on 13.1.

Last login: Fri Jul 22 16:50:01 on pts/5
FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE n245376-eba770b30ff TRUENAS

Welcome to FreeBSD!

I then reinstalled ffmpeg but still have the same problem, the only thing I have not done to reinstall Emby which I

will do in the next couple of hours. Well I have cracked it and it appears now to plays back. 

Pretty certain with your information that the Release was wrong and the packages were also wrong for the Beta version

of Emby. Now everything is pointing at 13.1 it is happy.

Thanks again for your help

FreeNas.JPG

Edited by Townsey

SilentStrike

Right off the bat, I was installing 4.7.5, not 4.8.0. I tried installing 4.8.0 real quick and I seem to be missing a package, so there may be a new dependency in 4.8.0 I'm unaware of and my install script isn't adapted for.

Installing 4.7.5, I do not seem to get the kernel mismatch you are experiencing and everything executes fine. And I am running the same jail version as you. (FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE n245376-eba770b30ff TRUENAS). So unless you were already running 4.8.0 (and your DBs and everything are already updated) I'd try installing 4.7.5 instead. (Or if you go to a 4.7.5 backup, that could work as well)

Having both the OS and the jail as different versions hasn't caused me any issues or concerns so far, so I'm uncertain.

As for the first command? It basically creates a file (/tmp/emby.json) and adds all the desired packages I want to install in it. I then call it with the "iocage create -p /tmp/emby.json" command. Basically -p I'm assuming for "package to install" during the iocage create. Those commands are also the equivalent of let's say.. "iocage create, iocage console, pkg install blablabla" It's just a different sequence.

Sorry btw, I'm just blabbing out a lot of info, maybe not all is necessary. Not too sure which option is correct for you. We'll figure it out!

Edit: Installing 4.8.0 went fine, there's no issue with the packages installed.. It was human error.

Edited by SilentStrike

SilentStrike

Awesome, glad it's working!

I got 4.8.0 installing as well without any version mismatches. I didn't encounter any issues with the packages installed (previously was a user error, my bad). But all in all, glad you got things running :D Happy my own issues/debauchery of the past few weeks helped a fellow member out.

Cheers, and don't forget to mark as solved! (use the post with the solution instead of my latest, so future people don't have to scroll through to figure out which post)

Edited by SilentStrike