How do I update the metadata of just one movie?

cgcmgr

cgcmgr

Runnning Emby 4.7.5.0 on TrueNAS.  I also have a 4.6.4.0 Emby server on my TrueNAS as well.  I'm trying to make them identical.  For the 4.7.5.0 server, I noticed when I went to Settings - Library - Movies and clicked on the three horizontal dots and clicked Scan Library Files, all my movies pulled the Images and Metadata.  Although most are correct, some images don't match my 4.6.4.0 server.  I can easily change  images so no issue there.  The issue is that some movies pulled the incorrect Metadata.  It shows the incorrect picture as well all the incorrect information, name included.  How do I rescan just that one movie to see if I get it to pull the correct metadata?

I have tried clicking on a single movie, clicking on the three horizontal dots and clicking Refresh Metadata.  When I do that, I have a choice to Replace all metadata or Search for missing metadata.  There is also a box I can check to replace existing images.  I tried this once and it actually replaced all my manually entered images with new images.  It even removed the image I used for my movies library.  Some movies had no images and I had to go back and manually add them.

I read in the forums to go to settings - metadata manager - Movies and then click on the movie I want to rescan.  Then click on the three horizontal dots at the top right and select refresh metadata.  This brings up the exact same choices as the above method.  I'm reluctant to try it as I do not want to have to go back and fix everything again.

I have manually copied the correct metadata from a movie on server 4.6.4.0 to the same movie on server 4.7.5.0.  However, it would be too time consuming to add all the correct actors.  So if I bring up a movie on the new server, the name, year and picture may be correct, but it shows the wrong actors.

Is there any way to just update the metadata for a single movie?

Thanks,

Chris

Happy2Play

It sounds like you do not save images and metadata with media so it is expected that two servers would/could have different information.  If nfo and images were written with media, then both servers would present the same information.

6 minutes ago, cgcmgr said:

Is there any way to just update the metadata for a single movie?

That is what edit metadata or Refresh metadata does from item card, item details or metadata manager.

• Agree 1

cgcmgr

Thanks Happy2Play.  Yes, I turned off having the images stored in the same folder as my media.  So you're saying, if I go to my moves and click on the three dots for a single movie and select refresh metadata and then select replace all metadata and check replace existing images, this will go out and find metadata and images for that particular movie only?  I feel I did this and it went out and found metadata and images for all of my movies.  Maybe this time I'll try it from the metadata manager.

Yes that is correct. Sounds like you must have done it from a parent folder and not an individual movie.

cgcmgr

So I did it from the Metadata Manager and this worked fine, thanks for the suggestions.  Normally to refresh ALL my movies at once, I go to settings, Library and then click on the three dots for the Movies library I created and select Scan Library Files.  This works well for ALL movies.  While testing, I'm pretty sure I accessed the Emby server, clicked on Movies (one of my libraries) and all my movies showed up as they normally do.  I then clicked the three dots for a single movie and clicked on Refresh Metadata.  The result was that all my movies scanned and received new metadata and new images.  Are you guys 100% sure following the process I laid out above will get the metadata for just the movie I selected?  I just don't want to find out the hard way.

For the time being, I will use the Metadata Manager to refresh individual movies.

Thanks for all the help as always,

Chris