Another EPG Issue

TopSideControl
Go to solution Solved by emveepee,

TopSideControl

I thought I was having similar issues as the poster in this thread but rather than hijacking their question I said I'd post my own. 

I have a donation supported NextPVR (Version: 5.2.7.220410), Emby Server Windows (4.8.0.6) with a premier subscription, and the NextPVR plugin (4.0.1.0). I use ScheduleDirect to provide EPG data to NextPVR and that works perfectly (my channels are a mix of DVB-T & DVB-S FTA). 

With the plugin enabled in emby I only get some channels with EPG data (only those on my countries DVB-T system). None of the DVB-S channels have epg data, these channels are FTA if that matters. All channels show as 'not mapped to guide data'. 

When I try to edit any channel in Emby and select the NexPVR plugin or NONE for the guide, the setting refuses to save. Its always blank when I go back in to check again. 

embyserver.txt

• Solution
emveepee

Emby users are not licensed to use Schedules Direct EPG data in any addons so you need a new source.  It doesn't help that Emby support knows this but continues to support it in addons that don't block it.   Normally  I don't care how uses use their data but Schedules Direct notes that that use the data in Emby could cause Schedules Direct to lose their license totally.

If you are in the UK you might be able remap the data to Emby guide source but I have been telling Luke that the EPG mapping is broken since before 4.7 was even released.

Martin

TopSideControl

Thanks Martin, that helps a lot. With that being said is there any benefit to use the nextpvr plugin over the m3u source then for TV?

emveepee

For users that aren't using OTA EPG the only benefit to using the 4.7 addon and not the m3u interface is it has the capability of using authenticated streaming so NextPVR would be more secure. 

Martin

• Thanks 1