Next PVR - EPG Guide Source Data option not saving

martinix

martinix

Hi,

I'm just getting set up running LiveTV with EMBY and NextPVR. System configuration is: Ubuntu Server 22.04, NextPVR v5, Emby Server 4.7.2.0. I've got both Emby and NextPVR setup and working but I'm experiencing a problem with the Guide Data Setting in Emby. When I go to the LiveTV Channel option I see the list of channels but when I edit a channel and choose an option for the 'Guide Data Source' it isn't saved when I choose the Save button - it remains showing 'Not Mapped to Guide Data'. I suspect this might a directory/file permissions problem but I can't find the location where the Channel data in Emby is stored.

Would welcome suggestions on how I can chase this problem down. Thanks.

emveepee

This is one of the outstanding identified issues in this Emby release.  You need to save the EPG to None and then select the Emby guide source and save again and you have to do this for each channels.

Martin

pünktchen

In my experience (DVBViewer and MediaPortal) i didn't had to to map the guide source at all. The guide has populated right from the start although it has showed as not mapped.

emveepee

The NextPVR pluging does not allow the Schedules Direct license to be violated like the other addons might so processing might be slightly different.  My experience with Scheduled Direct data is as I posted.

OTA and XMLTV data can be used with no issues.

Martin

pünktchen
1 minute ago, emveepee said:

OTA and XMLTV data can be used with no issues.

This are the only things my plugins can provide.

30 minutes ago, martinix said:

Hi,

I'm just getting set up running LiveTV with EMBY and NextPVR. System configuration is: Ubuntu Server 22.04, NextPVR v5, Emby Server 4.7.2.0. I've got both Emby and NextPVR setup and working but I'm experiencing a problem with the Guide Data Setting in Emby. When I go to the LiveTV Channel option I see the list of channels but when I edit a channel and choose an option for the 'Guide Data Source' it isn't saved when I choose the Save button - it remains showing 'Not Mapped to Guide Data'. I suspect this might a directory/file permissions problem but I can't find the location where the Channel data in Emby is stored.

Would welcome suggestions on how I can chase this problem down. Thanks.

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this:

Thanks.

martinix
13 hours ago, emveepee said:

This is one of the outstanding identified issues in this Emby release.  You need to save the EPG to None and then select the Emby guide source and save again and you have to do this for each channels.

Martin

Hi. Thanks for this. I did try as you suggest but it didn't seem to work. It is possible I'm doing some wrong.

emveepee

It looks like you are trying to go from OTA to Emby data which in itself is great if you can do it.  If you can't save to None then there is a problem that Luke will have to look at.

Your OTA Freeview should still have been drawing in data though, are you sure you are getting data in NextPVR.

Martin

martinix
1 hour ago, emveepee said:

It looks like you are trying to go from OTA to Emby data which in itself is great if you can do it.  If you can't save to None then there is a problem that Luke will have to look at.

Your OTA Freeview should still have been drawing in data though, are you sure you are getting data in NextPVR.

Martin

Yes. I think my problem might be a bit 'user error'. I had set up some OTA EPG Data (and also tested some Schedules Direct EPG Data) in NextPVR. In NextPVR the Schedules Direct EPG listings worked but I couldn't get OTA listings (Freesat or DVB/ATSC) to work. I assumed that if I choose 'NextPVR' in EMBY on the Live TV: Channel Listing it would be possible to pull through the EPG data from NextPVR in to EMBY. Meantime, I hadn't set up the Guide Data Sources option in EMBY. Having done so, I can populate Channels in EMBY with EMBY EPG Guide data. The interesting thing is that I still can't get the NextPVR EPG option to save in the Channel settings. You can choose NextPVR from the drop down but it always reverts to 'blank' when saved.

I'll post a note about my experience of the Tuning/OTA EPG issues I've experienced in the NextPVR forum.

emveepee

If you can get the UK guide data from Emby it would be best to just use it and turn off the OTA EPG scanning in NextPVR altogether and as a bonus you won't need to continue SD payments.

If you want to experiment and get it working anyway I am sure someone can guide you further on the NextPVR forum.  If you posted there as martini I did note that there was an issue with DVB-S and linux/Docker that you might be experiencing.  Trying via a Windows PC might confirm this.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

martinix

Understood - Thank you. Yes, I'll continue experimenting with Emby EPG data option first.

re. NextPVR DVB Tuning problem - yes, there is something strange going on. I will post an update in the NextPVR forum.

Martin2.

• 2 weeks later...