Emby Theatre Fedora 36 Will not play anything

CassTG

CassTG

As per the Ubuntu thread i downloaded the latest theatre via DNF as your flatpak  does nothing when clicking on it (opens app store for install but just goes to app store home screen which is by the way the only flatpak that has done that)

Go to play various files and it just sits there with a spinning circle, for minutes on end. This is on 4.8.0.3 beta and latest DNF install as of today. Whats worse is if it is set to maximised when you try to switch to a different desktop it pulls u back to the emby viewpoint every time, this is most likely fedora however

Anyways zero issues showing in the log no errors but also no playback position update info either 

• 4 weeks later...
CassTG
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @CassTG can you try starting Theater from the terminal and then supplying the complete terminal output? Thanks.

i shall do so and report back

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the delay @Luke been manic.

I had wiped my Fedora install and now i have a good stable daily driver, i have just installed 3.0.16. See results below:

• Flatpak version - Does not install / run
  • RPM version via Emby Guide - Installs fine, shortcut created but app does not open at all

If i try via terminal to start it :

$ sudo emby-theater
/opt/emby-theater/electron/emby-theater: /opt/emby-theater/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /lib64/libicuuc.so.69)

Edited by CassTG