Jail.Conf

Townsey
Go to solution Solved by SilentStrike,

Townsey

This is most likely a dumb question to most of you out there, but for the life of me where can I find the file jail.conf, please give full path.

I need, as per instructions to add lines: 

"If you're installing Emby Server into a jail, update jail.conf:

allow.mlock = 1;
ip6 = inherit;"

This for an install on TrueNas (Core) 13.0-U1
I have followed instructions 

Installation - BETA

First, make sure your FreeBSD system is configured for latest packages.

Install dependencies:
sudo pkg install libass fontconfig freetype2 fribidi gnutls iconv opus sqlite3 libtheora libva ocl-icd libvorbis webp libzvbi libraw ImageMagick6 tesseract intel-media-sdk libunwind libinotify openssl icu krb5

If you're installing Emby Server into a jail, update jail.conf:
allow.mlock = 1;
ip6 = inherit;

Install Emby Server on FreeBSD 13:
sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"
service emby-server start

The server does not start if you try to connect to the IP address given and port 8096 I think it is to do with the two parameters in the jail.conf file
I have installed from the Shell in the jail.

Any comments and pointers be gratefully received. 
Thanks 
Fraser

Edited by Townsey

SilentStrike

Hello, there's actually a few ways to do this, depending on how you prefer things to be done. Simplest way to do this is through the GUI in Truenas.

Option 1: Go to your Jails in Truenas, Stop your jail, then edit your Emby jail, whatever the name. It's a simple checkbox in the jail properties (for mlock, see attached image). I've personally never done the ipv6 command and have not encountered any issues, but someone could very well correct me to tell me how sacrilegious that is. I just don't see an easy option in the GUI. 

Option 2: That being said, if you're adamant on changing the config file directly on the server, I know that file to be the "config.json" file in the "/mnt/xPoolx/iocage/jails/xEmbyx" path. Just make sure to stop your server before modifying the values. Changing it in that file sees the change appear in the GUI of Truenas, so I'm assuming it's the right one, ha.

**xPoolx = name of your pool. xEmbyx = name of your Emby jail. Change values according to your own setup. 

Option 3: You can also add the parameter when you create the jail (if creating through the command line). Here's an example of the command I use to create the jail. You can notice the allow_mlock command in there and can probably add the ip6 command in the same fashion.

iocage create -n "emby" -r 13.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.0.201/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" allow_mlock="1" boot="on" priority="1"

Option 4: Lastly, there's probably a separate command entirely that you could run to "'activate it within the jail" but I don't know that one, haha.

You should be set with either of the 3 options above depending on your preference.

mlock definitely has an impact on Emby working or not when I turn it on or off in my case, so I hope this fixes things for you! 

Let me know if you have any questions!

mlock.png

Edited by SilentStrike

Townsey

Hi SilentStrike

Thank you for your comprehensive reply, I am certain some others will benifit and of course myself.

Crazy that I have past those parameters many times and never ever noticed it!!

I am not able to access the box at the moment but will let you know of success.

Many thanks again.

Fraser

Townsey

Hi again SilentStrike

Many thanks for advice and pointers Emby now up and running.

Downside is starting from scratch as have zapped the DataBase so will have to re scan and also manually put everything back

in that was not picked up by the scans. That's my problem though!

Cheers.

Fraser

• Solution
SilentStrike

Awesome, glad everything's working for you! 

Don't forget to mark as resolved! (You can go to the specific post with a solution and there's a "mark as solution" button in the bottom right of that post)

Always a pleasure,

SilentStrike

Edited by SilentStrike