DOMAIN DNS

patrickantonio

patrickantonio

Hi Everyone i dont know if this is the right subforum to ask.

but i have purchase a domain and seedbox. now i want eveytime they go to my domain they forward to my seedbox address, what i did is go to my domain control panel and then forwading the my domain to the seedbox address, in desktop there is no problem. but in the mobile app. it seems the app cant convert or forward the domain to my seedbox address. 

i dont know the items what to add in my domains dns. please help

DarKni8
On 7/11/2022 at 9:05 AM, patrickantonio said:

Thanks luke for looping :)

As much as i am willing to help bro , I use ultraseedbox which is preconfigured for most of the things. I can only suggest to raise a ticket with your seedbox provider.

Edited by DarKni8

Q-Droid

It sounds like you're doing a redirect (URL record) instead of an A, CNAME or ALIAS records in DNS. Apps typically don't follow redirects. 

patrickantonio
22 hours ago, DarKni8 said:

As much as i am willing to help bro , I use ultraseedbox which is preconfigured for most of the things. I can only suggest to raise a ticket with your seedbox provider.

yes sir i know its preconfigured by seedbox, i already tried opening a ticket but ultraseed doesnt allow to forward nameserver to their server

is there any way i can connect my server to my domain?

21 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

It sounds like you're doing a redirect (URL record) instead of an A, CNAME or ALIAS records in DNS. Apps typically don't follow redirects. 

i did url forwarding also with masking, also tried SRV record and also tried A or CNAME

please help me guys :(

Q-Droid

Your Emby DNS entries should only be for name to IP resolution, not service ports, forwarding or redirection. Browsers can handle those but apps don't. You can use sub-domains but keep it simple, name to IP. If you really want to keep URL forwarding in place then use different sub-domains for browsers and apps and a wildcard or SANs for the cert.