Emby on Roku crashes when trying to load the iptv pluggin

jathe

On 7/21/2022 at 2:20 PM, Luke said:

Can you provide a log example from 4.5? thanks.

Asking for working logs?? Really??

I send the log for the not working 4.7 I don't need help on the 4.5.

So basically, just respond this question:

There is a way to getting this working without transcoding like 4.5.0 version??

If no, then this is an abuse asking for emby-premiere to livetv, unlock app from some devices, now asking for a powerfull server hahahahaha

After 2 years paying emby-premiere moving to Jellyfin(less problematic, cheapper and clear).

pwhodges
24 minutes ago, jathe said:

Asking for working logs?? Really??

I send the log for the not working 4.7 I don't need help on the 4.5.

Luke wants the other logs so that he can compare, and get more idea of what's changed to cause the problem.

Paul

• Thanks 1

HI, yes, exactly. I'd like to get the bottom of this and understand the difference.

Mp4 and mkv files in h264 and 2 audio channels also transcoding... Now I got a file about 4gb with a movie, when somebody plays it consumes another 4gb on var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp.

Example:

Movie.mkv (4gb)

Roku playing (4gb of transcoding)

Another roku playing(4gb of transcoding)

Do the math... a movie consume the 100% of the file size everytime that get played... 

It is a joke!!

Seriusly guys, why you guys forces to update servers when new versions are very bad?

Get new table view and improve the visual context is very good, but I think most of us need better performance and stability... 

And don't ask for logs, this issue is not about me, you can do tests and got the same issues... is not about a bad config or bad file, h264 and ac2 is the standard for all the devices.. at least for iphone, roku and android app.

mkv and mp4 is the same result

I only add  remuxing option to my user, the last one.

2 hours ago, jathe said:

Do the math... a movie consume the 100% of the file size everytime that get played... 

Hi.  The system will delete as needed when space gets low. Otherwise, there is really no reason to remove these until you are finished.

Are your subtitles not Roku friendly? When those users enable those subtitles it will cause transcoding because the subtitles are not supported. What winds up happening is your Emby server will "burn" these into the video stream which causes transcoding on files that would otherwise direct play. What is the reason given for the transcoding on stats for nerds? Without more information we can only speculate.

If this is about the IPTV plugin not direct playing the container and only copying the streams, then that is what happens, on purpose. We cannot direct play user submitted URLS from Emby on store applications. When that happens the app stores become aware of what exactly you are playing and from where. The app stores "see" the URLS you play. Where they originate from. This can mean if you are using pirated links or something else similar it can place Emby as complicit in your actions. To prevent the app stores from ever thinking Emby is associated with stream piracy we cannot direct play and can only copy streams from IPTV. Do you understand?

Jellyfin does not care about you as a user. Do not become confused. They are not protecting you from app stores banning your devices. They are not protecting themselves.

A foolish man believes everyone is only capable of good. You must protect the innocent and good from the bad around us. If that upsets you I apologize.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, speechles said:

Are your subtitles not Roku friendly? When those users enable those subtitles it will cause transcoding because the subtitles are not supported. What winds up happening is your Emby server will "burn" these into the video stream which causes transcoding on files that would otherwise direct play. What is the reason given for the transcoding on stats for nerds? Without more information we can only speculate.

If this is about the IPTV plugin not direct playing the container and only copying the streams, then that is what happens, on purpose. We cannot direct play user submitted URLS from Emby on store applications. When that happens the app stores become aware of what exactly you are playing and from where. The app stores "see" the URLS you play. Where they originate from. This can mean if you are using pirated links or something else similar it can place Emby as complicit in your actions. To prevent the app stores from ever thinking Emby is associated with stream piracy we cannot direct play and can only copy streams from IPTV. Do you understand?

Jellyfin does not care about you as a user. Do not become confused. They are not protecting you from app stores banning your devices. They are not protecting themselves.

A foolish man believes everyone is only capable of good. You must protect the innocent and good from the bad around us. If that upsets you I apologize.

That is what I need.... a clear response... "We dont support direct play on new version because the appstore can ban your device or our app"... instead of asking for logs...  

Maybe you should tell customers that you need to transcode every media and have the embyserver updated before asking for money in appstores like ios, android and lg.... Imo

2 hours ago, jathe said:

That is what I need.... a clear response... "We dont support direct play on new version because the appstore can ban your device or our app"... instead of asking for logs... 

Hi.  Nothing in this behavior is new nor does it require transcoding.

Comparing your logs might help us see what the difference is though.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:43 AM, jathe said:

Mp4 and mkv files in h264 and 2 audio channels also transcoding... Now I got a file about 4gb with a movie, when somebody plays it consumes another 4gb on var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp.

Example:

Movie.mkv (4gb)

It is a joke!!

Seriusly guys, why you guys forces to update servers when new versions are very bad?

Get new table view and improve the visual context is very good, but I think most of us need better performance and stability... 

And don't ask for logs, this issue is not about me, you can do tests and got the same issues... is not about a bad config or bad file, h264 and ac2 is the standard for all the devices.. at least for iphone, roku and android app.

mkv and mp4 is the same result

I only add  remuxing option to my user, the last one.

Can you provide a server log example from 4.5 for comparison purposes? thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

1tb SSD Disk and 128Gb RAM solve the problem (Only Remuxing enabled for user).

Version 4.5.4 was running on a 4GB RAM/250GB SSD without any problem.

This is a joke!!

Plus emby premiere forced for android, iphone and LG.

Very nice  and expensive work!! 

MaxMax
2 hours ago, jathe said:

1tb SSD Disk and 128Gb RAM solve the problem (Only Remuxing enabled for user).

Version 4.5.4 was running on a 4GB RAM/250GB SSD without any problem.

This is a joke!!

Plus emby premiere forced for android, iphone and LG.

Very nice  and expensive work!! 

Check Network interfaces

Edited by MaxMax

What I found:

1.- IPTV Plugin don't work anymore on Roku with  HLS streams. I switched to TS.

2.- IPTV Plugin crash and send to home screen on roku when the Item has not any info or metadata:

image.thumb.png.6bc3ffc365fa355df210a2b39fb53cb2.png

3.- I try to play item on web interface, and don't play TS streams (web only works with HLS). After playing error, Item got information about codecs and so...

image.thumb.png.dbee6b1d42184715e094bcb6550ed175.png

4.- After item got info... voila!! Roku Load the stream 

This is the log with a Item without info.

image.thumb.png.00f0d482638300f06344d1e81aa40a5c.png

Trying to play on Roku:

2022-08-10 23:04:18.458 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://server:8096/emby/Items/147092/PlaybackInfo?UserId=0000000000&isplayback=false&maxstreamingbitrate=2677825&starttimeticks=00000000. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-11.0 (11.0.0.4193-AE)
2022-08-10 23:04:18.460 Info App: User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: False EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: False
2022-08-10 23:04:18.460 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 40000000, max bitrate: 2677825
2022-08-10 23:04:18.460 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 40000000, max bitrate: 2677825
2022-08-10 23:04:18.460 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 40000000, max bitrate: 2677825
2022-08-10 23:04:18.460 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 40000000, max bitrate: 2677825
2022-08-10 23:04:18.461 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 0000. Time: 3ms. http://server:8096/emby/Items/147092/PlaybackInfo?UserId=0000000000&isplayback=false&maxstreamingbitrate=2677825&starttimeticks=00000000
2022-08-10 23:04:18.485 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://server:8096/emby/Videos/144817/stream.mpegts?static=true&mediaSourceId=0000000000. Accept=*/*, server:8096, User-Agent=Roku/DVP-11.0 (11.0.0.4193-51)
2022-08-10 23:04:18.489 Error Server: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.6.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Linux version 4.15.0-189-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-039) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #200-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 22 19:53:37 UTC 20
    Framework: .NET 6.0.2
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 3
    Data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'mediaSource')
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.EncodingHelpers.AttachMediaSourceInfo(EncodingJobInfo state, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String requestedUrl, IFfmpegManager ffmpegManager)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.GetState(StreamRequest request, AuthorizationInfo authorizationInfo, String manifestAbsoluteUri, Boolean requiresOutputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Progressive.BaseProgressiveStreamingService.ProcessRequest(StreamRequest request, Boolean isHeadRequest)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
    TargetSite: Void AttachMediaSourceInfo(Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.EncodingJobInfo, MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo, System.String, MediaBrowser.Controller.MediaEncoding.IFfmpegManager)

I hope this get fixed ... or how I can add the items metadata instead of playing one by one on web client?

It looks like the item hasn't even been probed so we have no media information on it either.  

Can you explain why you are trying to use the IPTV plug-in instead of the Live TV m3u tuner setup?  That plug-in is really only used for things like IP camera feeds and such these days so it does not get much testing.

I did try with m3u tunner(I have premiere subscription).

Like I said, transcoding give me a headache, first full my disk so I updated from 100Gb Mechanichal to 1TB SSD, this stop filling up the disk but it takes about 60% 70% (700GB) and still crashing at somepoint... I thought the Disk Space is not the only problem so I updated Memory from 16GB to 128Gb  but the server still crashing at some point. I only use no more than 30 devices .... CPU is a Xeon V3.

Anyway this is not about my use, I post this since another versions of server (4.5.4 to be exact) don't crash with items with no media info. I think is a bug of new server versions, I tried with all 4.6 versions and all do crashes the roku client....

On 8/11/2022 at 12:15 AM, jathe said:

What I found:

1.- IPTV Plugin don't work anymore on Roku with  HLS streams. I switched to TS.

2.- IPTV Plugin crash and send to home screen on roku when the Item has not any info or metadata:

image.thumb.png.6bc3ffc365fa355df210a2b39fb53cb2.png

3.- I try to play item on web interface, and don't play TS streams (web only works with HLS). After playing error, Item got information about codecs and so...

image.thumb.png.dbee6b1d42184715e094bcb6550ed175.png

4.- After item got info... voila!! Roku Load the stream 

This is the log with a Item without info.

image.thumb.png.00f0d482638300f06344d1e81aa40a5c.png

Trying to play on Roku:

2022-08-10 23:04:18.458 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://server:8096/emby/Items/147092/PlaybackInfo?UserId=0000000000&isplayback=false&maxstreamingbitrate=2677825&starttimeticks=00000000. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-11.0 (11.0.0.4193-AE)
2022-08-10 23:04:18.460 Info App: User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: False EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: False
2022-08-10 23:04:18.461 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 0000. Time: 3ms. http://server:8096/emby/Items/147092/PlaybackInfo?UserId=0000000000&isplayback=false&maxstreamingbitrate=2677825&starttimeticks=00000000
2022-08-10 23:04:18.485 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://server:8096/emby/Videos/144817/stream.mpegts?static=true&mediaSourceId=0000000000. Accept=*/*, server:8096, User-Agent=Roku/DVP-11.0 (11.0.0.4193-51)
2022-08-10 23:04:18.489 Error Server: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.6.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Linux version 4.15.0-189-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-039) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #200-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 22 19:53:37 UTC 20
    Framework: .NET 6.0.2
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 3
    Data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'mediaSource')
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.EncodingHelpers.AttachMediaSourceInfo(EncodingJobInfo state, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String requestedUrl, IFfmpegManager ffmpegManager)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.GetState(StreamRequest request, AuthorizationInfo authorizationInfo, String manifestAbsoluteUri, Boolean requiresOutputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Progressive.BaseProgressiveStreamingService.ProcessRequest(StreamRequest request, Boolean isHeadRequest)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
    TargetSite: Void AttachMediaSourceInfo(Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.EncodingJobInfo, MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo, System.String, MediaBrowser.Controller.MediaEncoding.IFfmpegManager)

I hope this get fixed ... or how I can add the items metadata instead of playing one by one on web client?

Hmm, yes. We should be able to resolve this I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, testing m3u tunner.

Any way to disable or block the automatic image creation for labels or tags in m3u list categories?

This really make very bad icons for tags.

17 hours ago, jathe said:

Hi, testing m3u tunner.

Any way to disable or block the automatic image creation for labels or tags in m3u list categories?

This really make very bad icons for tags.

Hi, currently, no, but there's no reason that such an option like that couldn't be added.