Adding share paths - no access.

Iwamoto

Iwamoto

I'm switching from windows to mac (i had an intel macpro not doing a lot, figured it's a good use), i copied my windows config, so far so good, but for some reason i can't add any shares for my library, even if i add a local path like, say, my desktop, i still get:

"There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location"

I already gave Emby Server full disk access in the privacy settings, i also checked the rights on my ~\emby-server in case it can't write, no changes. any clues what i'm missing?

Iwamoto

Hey Luke, i connected to my NAS, mounted the share, so in this case, i'm trying to add 
/Volumes/Share/Anime
when navigating it also displays the content so it's not like it can't connect/find it, that's what makes it confusing. but as mentioned, even if i try to add a local folder, any folder, i keep getting the same error. so i'm wondering if i'm overlooking something, even though"
image.png.a54bf5fced7ef56360985b9edad9bb7f.png

Iwamoto

UPDATE: i was modifying existing Libraries, which was giving errors, however, when i add a new library, no problem, adds it right away, if i just trash my old libraries and add new ones, will i have a lot of metadata issues?

Just now, Iwamoto said:

UPDATE: i was modifying existing Libraries, which was giving errors, however, when i add a new library, no problem, adds it right away, if i just trash my old libraries and add new ones, will i have a lot of metadata issues?

Hi, no, what kind of issues?

Iwamoto

Just making sure, okay, i'll just start rebuilding, thanks, and so for future reference, i guess this can happen when copying over from win to mac i guess.