Sonarr/Radarr notifications with Emby from remote server & diff OS

Chiefmas
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Chiefmas

I've been trying to get notifications to work on and off for a while now, my core issue being that notifications while being received, don't seem to trigger Emby updates as I'd like. 

I begun suspecting from some comments I've found that the way the Emby API expects notification is my problem, and before I spend hours trying to solve this myself I thought I'd just ask...

My setup has Sonarr (and Radarr) running on a VPS,  and a different platform (Emby is on Windows, everything else is on Ubuntu 18.04 from the User Agent string). Anyway, this also means the paths are completely different and I think this is the crux of my problem. I just now turned on debug logging on Emby, so I don't have sufficient log information to confirm this yet. 

Sooo...just looking for some confirmation that is the case. Looking around the forum here, I think I've figured out that what I'll actually want to do is use a custom script(which I think someone has already written a bash script that I should be able to find and utilize) to perform the notifications and trigger the updates so that the paths are translated so they map correctly for the API call.

Does that sound about correct, or am I pursuing the wrong path? I've been gathering that notification support between the apps hinges on the idea that things are local, or at least mapped identically file system-wise, and my setup is a bit more complex than that.

I think if I can get that confirmed, that means I'm going in the correct direction to resolve this and get things working, and also not re-invent the wheel by writing my own intermediaries. 

Thanks!

Chiefmas

Well, the example is just that Sonarr and Radarr both pass their connectivity tests to Emby, but they seem unable to actually trigger a refresh. I'm trying to find out why/what the configuration needs to be to make it work. Basic setup guides are built around everything being the same locally, with the same pathing and such. My setup isn't like that at all, and I think it's causing an issue, I'm just trying to verify my thoughts on why refresh isn't succeeding. I hadn't posted logging as I only turned debugging on last night, so I don't think I had anything that would be useful.

More specifically,

Sonarr is running on a different network/remote location, and has the network file storage mounted locally, using typically Linux paths, i.e. forward slashes, mounted to targets in /mnt

Emby is running on a Windows box, and shared network storage is mounted according to Windows rules, drive letter, backslashes, path...i.e. T:\mnt\stuff

So my questions were formulated around if the differing path designators creates a problem triggering Emby to perform an update, as I gathered the API call involves the passing of a recognized path. The paths Sonarr is going to be sending to my Emby aren't going to align to anything because of the filesystem differences.

I might have useful entries in my logs now, I'll check that and post them if it looks like I do.

Thanks!

• Solution

If there are different path designators between the two software applications, then yes currently that could be a problem.

Chiefmas
On 7/6/2022 at 2:45 PM, Luke said:

If there are different path designators between the two software applications, then yes currently that could be a problem.

Ok, thanks! I think that does confirm what I was gathering, so I'll consider that the answer I needed. I think I'll have to investigate the script/path remap angle more fully.

• Thanks 1