Every day or so I have to stop/start emby service

guedz
Go to solution Solved by guedz,

Hello,

i apologize i'm not sure to have the same problem but since version > 4.7.1 every day i have some crash also

I notice this on my end :

2022-06-29 20:57:48.465 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2022-06-29 20:57:48.474 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.7.5.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 5.10.0-15-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1
        Framework: .NET 6.0.2
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 2
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Read-only file system : '/mnt/share/xxxxxxxx.nfo'
           at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
           at Interop.CheckIo(Error error, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
           at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)

After that the service is down.

Happy2Play

@guedz The error above has to do with file permissions as you have nfo writer enable but your nfo location appears to be Read-Only.

Full server log is needed to possibly see an issue.

3 hours ago, guedz said:

Extension nfo metadata uninstalled.

Wait & see

I would suggest looking into the root permissions problem instead of doing that, or better yet, just turn off nfo saving if you don't need it.

• Solution
guedz

Hello,

i apologize after further analysis I identified the origin of the problem: my emby server is a VM.
The host machine has a software raid.
This software raid had been in constant rebuilding for weeks, which generated very high IO and therefore a load > 5.0.

Since the raid rebuild resolution the emby VM no longer crashes.

Then why on the 20 vms only the emby service and a mail server crashed randomly? I would not be answering but in any case significant io waits generated these side effects.

Thanks for the time spent trying to help me.

• Thanks 1