Different cuts of same movie gets same playstate and resume point

VirtualLlama

VirtualLlama

Hi,

Just to make it clear upfront, I'm not talking about versioning where you have different versions/qualities under the same library title in Emby.

Instead I have the same title more than once in my library in order to catalog distinct cuts/versions of a movie.

For example, I have "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past: The Rogue Cut" as two different titles in my library even though they're the same title from a IMDb/TheMovieDb standpoint. The files for each cut of the movie are also in separate folders.

I've noticed that played/unplayed and the resume point are tracked collectively for all versions when I do this. If I start playing The Rogue Cut then the regular version of Days of Future Past will get the same resume point and will also be changed to played once I'm done. I assume this isn't expected behavior since it doesn't make a lot of sense from a usage standpoint. Especially the resume point since these are different versions of different lengths so the resume point won't translate from one version to the other.

Emby version is 4.7.5.0 on Windows 10.

I've included the server log in case that helps and otherwise let me know if any other info is needed.

embyserver.txt

rodainas

Playstates, resuming, etc. is tracked by providerid

Edited by rodainas
typo
  • Like 1