Lost the 3dot library option in Firefox

Junglejim
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

One quick question: Will having the custom CSS in this thread installed matter, or will it cause problems, when the fix gets implemented by FireFox?

I guess the CSS will become redundant when FireFox works correctly. However I do have concerns about proper operation after the fix is implemented if I do not remember to remove the CSS script.

It is not affecting Edge/Chrome or FF103/104 so I would not think it will be an issue if you forget to remove.

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It is not affecting Edge/Chrome or FF103/104 so I would not think it will be an issue if you forget to remove.

Thanks. I thought that was the case but at my age I can only be sure about things if someone else confirms my belief or hunches.

Remember "The mind is a terrible thing to use." ;) :) 😜

• Agree 1

tarinr

This might be platform-specific (I'm on a Mac), but the option to select multiple titles to add to a collection has disappeared in the drop-down menu. In the previous version, there was a tick box that allowed the user to select more than one title at a time to add to a particular collection.

Has this been moved or removed, or is this function now handled differently?

Edited by tarinr
Type color was wrong.

tsandayu

I know the option you speak of.  I used to use it to group my different versions of the same movie.  It no longer appears to be available.  I want it back.....

tarinr
58 minutes ago, tsandayu said:

I know the option you speak of.  I used to use it to group my different versions of the same movie.  It no longer appears to be available.  I want it back.....

Thanks for that.  I don't feel so dumb now.  I thought it must be me.   Surely, this is an oversight by the developers.

tarinr

SOLUTION

The problem was the browser I was using for my Emby interface.    I was using Firefox 102.0.1 (64 bit).    I had another Emby user indicate that he was using a mac with same version of Emby and had no issues.   The only variable was the browser.   As soon as I opened Emby in Chrome, a mouseover of any title yielded a grey circle to appear in the upper left corner allowing me to select it.   I reset my Firefox browser thinking it might be an add-on causing the problem, but it made no difference. 

IF ANYONE ON THE EMBY TEAM SEES THIS, CAN YOU LOOK AT FIREFOX AND SEE WHY THIS MIGHT BE HAPPENING?

@tarinr

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, tarinr said:

SOLUTION

The problem was the browser I was using for my Emby interface.    I was using Firefox 102.0.1 (64 bit).    I had another Emby user indicate that he was using a mac with same version of Emby and had no issues.   The only variable was the browser.   As soon as I opened Emby in Chrome, a mouseover of any title yielded a grey circle to appear in the upper left corner allowing me to select it.   I reset my Firefox browser thinking it might be an add-on causing the problem, but it made no difference. 

IF ANYONE ON THE EMBY TEAM SEES THIS, CAN YOU LOOK AT FIREFOX AND SEE WHY THIS MIGHT BE HAPPENING?

@tarinr

They have already done that and determined that it is a bug in FireFox. They also have posted a custom css script that fixes the problem. Just use that script and you can get on with your life.

Gilgamesh_48
On 7/5/2022 at 8:13 PM, Happy2Play said:

Temporary fix until FireFox 102 corrects the issue.

@media(hover:hover) and (pointer:fine) {
    .cardOverlayContainer {
        display: block
    }
}

I am quoting this again as it seems to be overlooked by quite a few folks. Paste that in the custom css field in settings and you will be good to go.

cwills75

Do I need to enable something in Firefox or install a plugin or something to allow artwork uploads?  The three little dots that show up on mouse-over on Chrome based browsers don't show up for me in Firefox. @cwills75

upload.png

Happy2Play

@cwills75 There are several topics on this as FF 102 created this issue.  It does not exist in v101/103/104.

Temporary fix

or just right click to open menu.

• Like 1

cwills75
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@cwills75 There are several topics on this as FF 102 created this issue.  It does not exist in v101/103/104.

Temporary fix

or just right click to open menu.

Thanks, that works.

Based on Firefox's typical release schedule, the wait for the fix is more than half over at this point.

BlubberGuy

HI,

I am currently on 4.8.0.5 b, but this problem already existed on the previous Version (4.7xx).

Normally every Entry on the Entrylist has three Points in the Edge to Config said Entry. Like "change Images" or "Identyfy". Well, those three Points are gone.

Also, the possibility to set it as watched on the Movielist is gone too.

I am still able to use the "..." or set as watched inside the Entrypage.

@BlubberGuy

Also, it´s gone for the Libraries in the Library Tab too.

Any ideas?

arrbee99

If you're using Firefox version 102 it has a bug. You can right click or Happy2Play supplied this to add to the Dashboard > Settings css box as a fix -

/* Happ2Play Temp fix for Firefox 102 missing Like etc buttons */
@media(hover:hover) and (pointer:fine) {
    .cardOverlayContainer {
        display: block
    }
}

Jonathan1683

Hello,

Did something change or break on my emby server? For some reason I can't see the 3 little dot option menu that use to be on the bottom right corner? Even in the plugins menu it seems to be missing where you would uninstall etc.

@Jonathan1683

Thank you!

1.jpg

Gilgamesh_48

I "guess" you are using FireFox.

There are many threads about this issue. It is a known FireFox problem. In many of the other threads there is a temporary fix until the next FireFox release.

You can also access the menu by right clicking on the poster.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Wraidd

There used to be a little button in the corner of the item cards that you could use to multiple-select files but it seems to be gone.  Has it been moved to a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?  Running 4.7.5.0 armhf on Raspbian.

Happy2Play

@Wraidd Yes we can only guess you are referring to the defect in FireFox 102.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Looks like FF v103 has been released so this issue should be resolved.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

beefsnack

Looks like FF 103 Has Resolved the Problem!

Mine Dots have Returned, Not like it makes a big difference but, they are back and working as they once were.

Edited by beefsnack
  • Thanks 1