Lost the 3dot library option in Firefox

Junglejim
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Junglejim

As the title says the 3dot menu in Firefox is no longer visible when hovering over a library entry..

Screenshot_2022-06-29_17-49-10.thumb.png.83599cdc655cbbb136fdcecebe1a7576.png

I think Firefox was updated today (102.0 (64-bit)) so this is new to me, it was working fine before. Everything seems fine with Chrome..

Screenshot_2022-06-29_17-55-54.thumb.png.b95c7a838310b02cc7d24e2bbbeaa61a.png

Not sure whats wrong or if there is a new setting I've missed. ;)

Edited by Junglejim

Yea their release schedule is roughly monthly so I guess this is going to be a problem for the next 30 days.

• Like 1

Junglejim

Thanks for the info guys, all good I'll have to wait for the next Firefox update. I have Chrome to fallback on so no big deal.

• Thanks 1

Gilgamesh_48

Dear FireFox: "That's another fine mess you've gotten us into."

At least the detail screen has the three dots so it is usable.

I was going to report this issue and blame Emby but now the fun has been removed from the process.

I will NOT use Chrome under any circumstances. But, in an emergency I do have a few back up browsers or I can uninstall FireFox and install an earlier version if really needed. But Emby is still usable so I doubt I will need to use another browser.

Thanks all for figuring all this out before I actually had problems with it. ;)

Well in their defense it appears isolated to the combination of css flex and absolute positioning, and the features they're trying to accommodate with the new development are not trivial.

Paddyman

Thank you guys for this info.  I came here specifically looking for a solve for this.  I spent the night last night moving my Emby to a new computer using the backup plugin.  It did not go smoothly, all due to my own incompetence, but eventually I got it working perfectly....other than the three dot (and the play icon), and I was 100% convinced that I had stuffed something up until I came here.

Cheers.

Tolerant

This problem makes it impossible to add the movie poster because it is from a URL but there is no way to get to that dialog now to allow me to add it. Time for another browser.

Edited by Tolerant

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, Tolerant said:

This problem makes it impossible to add the movie poster because it is from a URL but there is no way to get to that dialog now to allow me to add it. Time for another browser.

Can't you just right click?

• Thanks 2

Junglejim
37 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

:)👍 Thanks @Happy2Play didn't even think of that but it works..

Cheers, your a champ. 🍻

Gilgamesh_48
4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Right click??? It never even occurred to me that a right click might be exactly what was needed. I thought the only way to access the "3 dot menu" was to go into the pre-play screen and use the "3 dots" there.

This knowledge means that the FireFox update needed to fix this is a good deal less urgent. If the FireFox update takes too long I may forget the "3 dot menu" totally. I do wonder if that is a bad thing.

Thanks very much for the info. :D

beefsnack
8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Edited by beefsnack

beefsnack

So if Plex, Jelly, Kodi, Ect... all are working in FF currently, (Menu Options) which I know mine are and Emby is the only one that is not working through FF, not that I'm pointing but is it a script or code issue between the two? and will there be a bugfix hopefully soon maybe? Because Right click doesn't help with custom Artwork, it only works for just basic Identity and editing images already in the database. Not that it's even a big issue really, Right Clicking isn't that big of a deal to do anyways.

Scratch that, I'm wrong, it's working now I can now do custom, it didn't let me do it on Right Click before...

Edited by beefsnack

7 hours ago, beefsnack said:

So if Plex, Jelly, Kodi, Ect... all are working in FF currently, (Menu Options) which I know mine are and Emby is the only one that is not working through FF, not that I'm pointing but is it a script or code issue between the two? and will there be a bugfix hopefully soon maybe? Because Right click doesn't help with custom Artwork, it only works for just basic Identity and editing images already in the database. Not that it's even a big issue really, Right Clicking isn't that big of a deal to do anyways.

Scratch that, I'm wrong, it's working now I can now do custom, it didn't let me do it on Right Click before...

There's a myriad of different ways to render content and it just so happens that the one we're using is triggering a Firefox defect.

• Like 1

Grumpy1

Since the update i can no longer scan individual libraries( i dont have the 3 dots any longer) or even select multiple items like before .

Has this changed ?

@Grumpy1

thanks

edit- resolved :)

Edited by Grumpy1

beefsnack
On 7/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, Luke said:

There's a myriad of different ways to render content and it just so happens that the one we're using is triggering a Firefox defect.

Well FF is one of the people run Web Browser and run without big corp and pretty much run on add space $$ and donations so hopefully it'll bugfix it's way out, it really isn't that big of a mess, its just a shortcut click for most,  and that can't be a complaint for people, if that is than people need to have a Snickers Bar!

Gilgamesh_48
15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Temporary fix until FireFox 102 corrects the issue.

My FireFox just updated to 102.0.1 and the bug persists. However the custom CSS you provided still works. Thank you BTW.

Maybe FireFox/Mozilla does not believe they have a bug or maybe the bug is in Emby.

Either way (or something else entirely) the bug exists but the CSS @Happy2Playprovided works perfectly so, bug or no bug, the proper operation is easy to regain so the bug is nearly inconsequential.

It's already resolved in Firefox 103. Workarounds in the meantime are right clicking or updating to the FireFox beta.

Gilgamesh_48
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's already resolved in Firefox 103.

I am not, at least yet, being offered an upgrade to 103. But I guess it will come when it comes.

One quick question: Will having the custom CSS in this thread installed matter, or will it cause problems, when the fix gets implemented by FireFox?

I guess the CSS will become redundant when FireFox works correctly. However I do have concerns about proper operation after the fix is implemented if I do not remember to remove the CSS script.

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I am not, at least yet, being offered an upgrade to 103. But I guess it will come when it comes.

One quick question: Will having the custom CSS in this thread installed matter, or will it cause problems, when the fix gets implemented by FireFox?

I guess the CSS will become redundant when FireFox works correctly. However I do have concerns about proper operation after the fix is implemented if I do not remember to remove the CSS script.

It depends on the contents of your custom css, and what it does or tries to do.

Gilgamesh_48
17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Temporary fix until FireFox 102 corrects the issue.

@media(hover:hover) and (pointer:fine) {
    .cardOverlayContainer {
        display: block
    }
}

That is the one I have installed. To be honest I do not really understand css. I just did a copy/paste in the custom css box and the three dot menu and all the rest of the hover overlay magically reappeared.