Every day or so I have to stop/start emby service

blackcatTN

blackcatTN

Every day or so I have to stop/start Emby service as the main menu stops showing up on all devices (mobile, smart tv, desktop client).

I run tail -f and watch the logs but after a while emby seems to no longer load the main menu (on now, live tv, etc no longer appear), no errors are appearing in the log files.  relaunching apps have no effect only restarting Emby works.

I've had Emby running for up to 2 or 3 days at time but lately it seems to die every 18-20 hours or so.  I don't think it's the ubuntu box it's running on as radarr and sonarr don't seem to have this issue.  I have gone for months without them having issues, same for the plex server that I am trying to get away from if I can get Emby to work as expected.

I'm happy to provide logs but I don't see any errors being sent to the log when this happens, Emby just goes off to la la land.

What do I need to check?

Thanks in advance.

mastrmind11

is this a deb install or docker?  if deb, what is the systemd status say?

blackcatTN
1 hour ago, mastrmind11 said:

is this a deb install or docker?  if deb, what is the systemd status say?

It's a deb install.  Output of journalctl -u emby-server.service -b is attached.  If you'd like to see something else, please let me know. 

Thanks.

emby-server.service.txt.zip

Hi, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happens? Thanks.

blackcatTN

Had to restart the emby service (sudo service) around 5am EST (this morning) June 29th in order to get the main menu to load .

Around 11:45AM EST the main menu took a long time to load on multiple devices and eventually loaded but a user shouldn't have to wait a minute or two before they can play anything or see continue watching on the screen.

Really hoping I can figure out why Emby goes non-responsive when all the other services don't seem to have that issue.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.  Thank you.

logs629.zip

Scott D

Maybe unrelated and a different problem, but the next time it stops responding check your available space on the drive where things are cached.  Sounds similar to my issue of having transcode-temp filling up.  If I restart, everything runs fine as the server will empty the folder on a restart.

• Like 1

blackcatTN
11 minutes ago, Scott D said:

Maybe unrelated and a different problem, but the next time it stops responding check your available space on the drive where things are cached.  Sounds similar to my issue of having transcode-temp filling up.  If I restart, everything runs fine as the server will empty the folder on a restart.

Thanks, I did check.  Plenty of space on the filesystem.

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                  7.7G     0  7.7G   0% /dev
tmpfs                 1.6G  2.9M  1.6G   1% /run
/dev/sda2             3.6T  249G  3.2T   8% /

All media is stored on two SMB mounts, not shown (lots of space there as well)

Edited by blackcatTN

Hi there, please try removing these plugins:

2022-06-29 05:16:23.149 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.1.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/CoverArt.dll
2022-06-29 05:16:23.149 Info App: Loading Addic7ed, Version=1.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/Addic7ed.dll

Then restart the server and see how that compares. Thanks.

blackcatTN

Hi. 

I did disable those two plugins earlier in the day and restarted server.

Issue just happened again about 2:45AM EST

Tried desktop app, mobile app (from cell network only), and samsung tv client, none would respond and could not reach admin screen in desktop app.   Had to stop and start server before Emby main menu would load. 

Logs attached

embyissue_round2.zip

What server software is at that ip address is this?

2022-07-01 00:01:41.143 Info HttpClient: GET http://192.168.0.109:8000/images/uploads/cops.jpg