Set default limits for recordings

digighost

digighost

Hi

I keep getting the same problem occurring, where my kids decide to record a TV series which then proceeds to totally swallow up all the space on the PC running Emby server, thereby grinding it to a halt.

I know that once a schedule has been set you can limit how many episodes are kept, but is there not a way  to set a default number of episodes to keep, for example? Note that, for kids programs, it's very possible to have something like, for example, Grizzy and the Lemmings, showing multiple times a day, on multiple channels, so the number of recordings adds up quickly.

HI, currently no, you can only do this in the series recording settings, but we plan to expand on these options in future updates. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
NickHill1982

Is this feature still on the cards? I'd like to set a default of 7 to stop the Mrs filling up my hard drives.

9 hours ago, NickHill1982 said:

Is this feature still on the cards? I'd like to set a default of 7 to stop the Mrs filling up my hard drives.

HI, currently you can only do this in series recording settings, but yes, more control over this is possible. Thanks.