Game Browser III launch games, but comes back on top of it

Malibukoko

Malibukoko

Hi everyone,

I've set-up Game Browser 3 on a HTPC with Media Browser 3.0.5031.21343 running on my server. I mainly use PC games (also from Steam or Origin directories). Everything went fine, but when Game Browser is starting the game, it will almost immediately come back on top, hiding the game. Hence the game is not full screen (depends, sometimes it's half size or small size, sometimes it's windowed on the whole screen). Anyway, i have to use a keyboard to reduce media center/game browser and then alt+enter to put the game on top and full screen.

Of course, that is not convenient at all, and i can't seem to find a way to fix it. As of right now, only one game was launching properly (GRID 2 from Steam directory).

Any idea ?

Also i would like to know how is the metadata working ? Half of my games are not properly tagged and changing folder/file name on the server doesn't work although i tried many possibilities (like GTA IV, GTAIV, GTA4, GTA 4...and i don't even consider the GTA IV Episodes From Liberty City). I can only find a very limited amount of settings.

At least does somebody knows the way to do it the hard way, by editing XML files and so on ? Not familiar with this actually though i can take some time to get everything in order.

Thanks a lot

BATTLE DONKEY

Not sure about the full screen problem, as for GTA name your file "grand theft auto IV". That's how its named on gamesdb... I don't know about PC games but have u searched the settings for a "launch in full screen" button. I know that's how to get around those issues with emulators

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

Malibukoko

I did, but the options i've found are incredibly limited. But thanks for the tip about GTA...What about F1 2013 (F1 2012 works like this) for instance ? :D

BATTLE DONKEY

I did a quick search, it might not be listed yet tho unless its under a different spelling. Any time u find a folder that isn't finding the data just look it up on thegamesdb.net for the correct spelling, go into the dashboard, find the game, click edit and add in the correct id tag and click refresh