Series/Shows cannot be marked as watched for multi-versioned episodes

DragonSkills99

DragonSkills99

Hey,

first of all, I have just updated Emby to 4.7.4.0 so it can be sure, the error is not already fixed.

If Episodes are Multi-Versioned emby has great problems dealing with that. As to why I need multiple versions the explanation is easy. I have a japanese version with hardcoded subtitles and a german version without subtitles, and I want them both on the NAS displayed as the same episode with the ability to switch between them. Sadly emby can't cope with video-files with multiple video-streams, otherwise I could have solved the problems that way. Other problems are e.g. that I can only download one of those two versions and it always picks the wrong one (the japanese) even though everything in the library is configured to be german. And it also always defaults to the wrong (the japanese) version...

@Happy2Play

All Videos shown in the following screenshots are bought on DVD/BD and uploaded as private copy for personal usage only! So it is not illegal!

So I've now watched all episodes of "Broken Things Risa" and they are also marked as watched at the episode as you can see in the screenshot:

image.thumb.png.24ad81b8291b6a197d7caef8dc9ec5ca.png

But as you can see in the next screenshot, the season still has two unseen episodes (and it has only those two):image.thumb.png.d4eb7d6516968b1d65ff0c3f872d776c.png

Would be really nice, if the problem could be fixed...

Happy2Play

Does this series actually have providerid?

DragonSkills99

Provider ID? Do you mean a tmdb id or such? Or do you mean the publisher? (Trimax for Germany). Or do you mean where I can stream it? The Videos are directly bought from Trimax, then copied using MakeMKV and converted to hevc using ffmpeg to save storage.

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, DragonSkills99 said:

Provider ID? Do you mean a tmdb id or such?

Yes online provider for metadata.  As that is the primary method of maintaining watched status.

DragonSkills99

Well I'm not using any provider for maintaining my watched status but only emby itself... tmdb and such are just for delivering static infos such as name, cover, etc

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, DragonSkills99 said:

Well I'm not using any provider for maintaining my watched status but only emby itself... tmdb and such are just for delivering static infos such as name, cover, etc

So if you select edit metadata on Show and episodes they have externalids? 

DragonSkills99

Ok here the IDs of the show, even though I don't know what it has to do with the error...

Only the show itself has IDs for the Series and Episodes all ID-Fields are empty. And this image shows all ID-fields with a value, field above and below are empty.

image.thumb.png.69cd9009a7b12a5ce37c4d5ffc196f38.png

DragonSkills99

As already said, the problem is, that this button does not work (or any other, that does the same)

image.thumb.png.17ec974cca750e02c4b3e66f38bc7ada.png

And here is, how the files are organized:image.png.28ddd808b08c606c1a039fe4e56e959f.png

Happy2Play

Without ids it will not be tracked properly but will test as everything looks correct.

Each episode shows a version drop down to select which one to play, correct?

DragonSkills99

And it does work just fine with any show where the episodes aren't mulit-versioned, but here it does not work...

Happy2Play

There are no episode external ids, correct?

Happy2Play

@LukeHow should this work as there are no episodeid here and Multi-Version?

I get the same results.

DragonSkills99

yeah it should mark both versions as watched, if I've completed one, as the other version is just another language (audio) but with subtitles hardcoded into the video (thas why I can't just merge them -.-)

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, DragonSkills99 said:

yeah it should mark both versions as watched, if I've completed one, as the other version is just another language (audio) but with subtitles hardcoded into the video (thas why I can't just merge them -.-)

It does for episodes that have providerids as I just tested multi-versions on a different show.

So there would appear to a breakdown when no externalid exist.

Happy2Play

But basically if you split the version apart you see one as watched and the other as not as they do not exist under one providerid.

image.thumb.png.d5c99b89561ba54108aa2559fc055c73.png

Edited by Happy2Play

DragonSkills99

yeah but it should definitly work with those combined, that it does not work seems to be a bug. And I don't like the idea of scattering more data waste in to the world wide web than necessary, so I don't like the idea of giving it bidirectional external id. (Meaning that not only meta data is drawn from but also pushed to the regarding site). And splitting them makes the whole thing confusing to look at...

Happy2Play

Have to wait for the Dev to comment.  As yes the are grouped in the UI they are still separate items in the database that have to be linked accordingly with no information.

DragonSkills99

well I already waited a week so anotherone wouldn't make that much of a difference...

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

So what happens, it only marks one of them played?

Correct as shown in image above when I split them apart.

But don't know if a no providerid situation has ever been tested.

Edited by Happy2Play