Mark music albums as listened

fxwegr

fxwegr

It would be very desirable if music albums could be marked as listened. Audio books and movies already have this option.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
heula

I would also like to see this option but also for songs that have been played in a playlist.

The reason for this is that songs played in a larger playlist will not be played again.

+1 for me.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, heula said:

The reason for this is that songs played in a larger playlist will not be played again

heula
16 hours ago, ebr said:

I don't want to remove items from my playlist, I just won't already played items to be played again until the last song is played so it can start over again.

So add status watched or played would be a better option with a rule to ignore it after that status has been set.

5 hours ago, heula said:

I don't want to remove items from my playlist, I just won't already played items to be played again until the last song is played so it can start over again.

So add status watched or played would be a better option with a rule to ignore it after that status has been set.

The overall desired result of both requests, I think is the same so I would suggest you adding your suggested implementation to that topic and see if the OP agrees that it would satisfy their request.

This is a great example of why requesting high-level functions instead of specific implementations is very helpful.  I read both of these requests as "I only want my playlists items to play once, until they are all played".  Exactly how that is achieved should be something determined by the developers based on a lot of factors.