About HTML/CSS code "Personal-Links" - EmbyServer 4790 (Update)

CarlosLima
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

CarlosLima
<div class="view flex flex-direction-column withTabs">

<div class="tabContent flex flex-grow" data-index="0">

<div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

<div class="Personal-Links" style="top:120px;text-align:center;position:relative;">

<a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#1" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3" "margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT1</a>&emsp;
	            <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#2" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3" "margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT2</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#3" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3" "margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT3</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#4" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3" "margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT4</a>&emsp;	
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#5" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3" "margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT5</a>&emsp;
			<pre>

</pre>

</div>		

<div class="scrollSlider flex-grow padded-top-page">
                <div class="sections"></div>
                <div class="padded-bottom-page"></div>
            </div>
        </div>

</div>

Hi,
I have this HTML code that stopped working in the new stable version. These are the personal links that should have been single-lined below Home and Favorites, but are now in the wrong place.
Thank you in advance for a correction in the link so that it is compatible with the new version of EmbyServer.
Thank you very much

download.png

Edited by CarlosLima

• Solution
Happy2Play

Easiest would be adding "flex-direction-column" back to "emby-scroller"also fixed the margin as that was broken/unused the previous way written.

Spoiler

<div class="tabContent flex flex-grow" data-index="0">

<div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-direction-column flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

<div class="Personal-Links" style="top:120px;text-align:center;position:relative;">

<a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#1" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT1</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#2" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT2</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#3" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT3</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#4" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT4</a>&emsp;    
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#5" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT5</a>&emsp;
            <pre>

</pre>

</div>

</div>
        </div>

</div>
    <div class="tabContent flex flex-grow" data-index="1">
        <div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

</div>
        </div>
    </div>

<div class="tabContent flex flex-direction-column flex-grow" data-index="2">

</div>

</div>

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Note if you do not want to add "flex-direction-column" back to html you can use css.

[data-type="home"] .scrollFrameY {flex-direction: column;}

• Like 1

CarlosLima

How excellent. I'm using yes in home.html.
In the case is it better to eliminate from there and apply this CSS? If so, I prefer it because it's one less thing to customize in ES updates. Thanks

Happy2Play
Just now, CarlosLima said:

How excellent. I'm using yes in home.html.
In the case is it better to eliminate from there and apply this CSS? If so, I prefer it because it's one less thing to customize in ES updates. Thanks

It is really a personal choice as you are already editing the html.  But yes it does make it easier only worrying about inputting the personal links section.

Are you using the <pre> section for Announcements/Bulletins?

Changed html from

<pre>

</pre>

to 

<pre></pre>

div.Personal-Links  pre:before {content: "Alert: Server downtime at 8pm.";
    background: red;
    font-size: x-large;
    color: yellow;
}

image.thumb.png.a2bbde83127df8444f80884ea62a49ad.png

CarlosLima

Hi, great of you to quote this code. I wasn't using it but it would be the next code I thought of asking for your help. I tried now but I couldn't understand about <pre></pre> in html ?
I also used this code in ES beta testing and it didn't display the alert.

Edited by CarlosLima

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Hi, great of you to quote this code. I wasn't using it but it would be the next code I thought of asking for your help. I tried now but I couldn't understand about <pre></pre> in html ?
I also used this code in ES beta testing and it didn't display the alert.

This

<a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#1" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT1</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#2" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT2</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#3" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT3</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#4" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT4</a>&emsp;    
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK#5" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT5</a>&emsp;
            <pre></pre>

</div>

Have only tested in 4750 but wouldn't think there would be difference in 4803.

Happy2Play

Had no issue adding personal links and this code in 4.8

@media (min-width: 80em) {
	.headerMiddle.sectionTabs.headerMiddle-withSectionTabs {
	  position: absolute;
	  top: 0;
	  bottom: 0;
	  left: 0;
	  right: 0;
	  width: 55%;
	}
	.Personal-Links {
	top: 65px !important;
	}
}

[data-type="home"] .scrollFrameY {flex-direction: column;}

div.Personal-Links  pre:before {content: "Alert: Server downtime at 8pm.";
    background: red;
    font-size: x-large;
    color: yellow;
}

Edited by Happy2Play

CarlosLima

Yes, in 4803 perfect. Now I'm going to apply it at 4750. Thank you very much for that.

Screenshot.png

CarlosLima

...and at 4750, with bonus. Thank you very much.

Screenshot.png

• 3 months later...
CarlosLima

Today I updated to version 4780 and my personal links, both seen on the PC browser and on the cell phone (attached photo) are very spaced between them and I didn't change the code, it still has a margin of 0.7 in all of them.  Did the code break in this new version? Thanks

Screenshot_20221030-153923-643.png

Edited by CarlosLima

Happy2Play

@CarlosLima Doesn't look like it.

image.thumb.png.4cbfd733d4780040cc5ff57b36b5a637.png

Device emulation in browser

image.png.5d488d78a3c2e0c0fa13a340da24a44d.png

But there are several topics on scaling/resolution changes in 4.7.8.0+.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@CarlosLima Might want to choose one or the other as they are both adding space, margin left/right and 4 spaces.

margin: 0 .7em;">TEXT1</a>&emsp;

Edited by Happy2Play

CarlosLima

<div class="tabContent tabContent-positioned flex flex-grow" data-index="0">

<div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-direction-column flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

<div class="Personal-Links" style="top:110px;text-align:center;position:relative;">

<a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK1" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;">TEXT1</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK2" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;">TEXT2</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK3" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;">TEXT2</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK4" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;">TEXT3</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK5" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;">TEXT4</a>&emsp;
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" class="button-link" href="LINK6" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;color: #D3D3D3;">TEXT5</a>&emsp;

<pre></pre>
    </div>

</div>
        </div>

</div>
    <div class="tabContent tabContent-positioned flex flex-grow" data-index="1">

</div>
        </div>
    </div>

</div>

Hi, you are always helpful and interested in helping. Thank you very much.
Didn't work for me testing with both options (margin: 0.7em; - OR - &emsp;)
So I leave my code/file home.html complete, because you have more keen eyes. I thank you in advance for this contribution.

Happy2Play

@CarlosLimaNot sure unless you have other custom css interfering.  If you remove custom css do you get the same results? 

What browser?  What resolution?

Tested in FF/Edge/Chrome This is with no css except required  [data-type="home"] .scrollFrameY {flex-direction: column;}

image.png.c3a38461ccefef1bd8dfd0cdbfdc32cd.png

image.thumb.png.d7b6776944148fa51e6a159824974435.png

CarlosLima

Hi,
I hadn't tested it without CSS but now I have, removed all my custom CSS and left only the line of code you indicated as mandatory. Same result.
I tested it in Chrome and Edge.
I use a 4k tv as my pc monitor.

Happy2Play

@CarlosLima There is something wonky with your code possibly encoding.  See all the &nbsp; as these are spaces.  So your html may have trailing spaces.

image.png.2ba2fd91227d212d23547d4ae95e799e.png

Edited by Happy2Play
removed urls

Happy2Play

Looks like you got the majority, but you still have some outliers.

change this "top: 65px !important;" to something like75px.

image.png.48133815fed534c458ec2e78e1413dac.png

Happy2Play

You can delete <pre></pre> also if you are not going to use it for Banner as shown above as you are placing it in "div.homeSectionsContainer:before" instead of "div.Personal-Links pre:before"

You can even do "div.Personal-Links:after" for the banner depending on what spacing you really want.

CarlosLima
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Looks like you got the majority, but you still have some outliers.

change this "top: 65px !important;" to something like75px.

Done, thank you.

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

You can delete <pre></pre> also if you are not going to use it for Banner as shown above as you are placing it in "div.homeSectionsContainer:before" instead of "div.Personal-Links pre:before"

You can even do "div.Personal-Links:after" for the banner depending on what spacing you really want.

Done, thank you.

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
Thanks again for all your dedication.
I believe it is the fault of the hidden garbage (those spaces created in a hidden way) and I chose to remove all the personal links from the code.
But of course, I would like to have it back and for that I intend to redo it from the beginning.
After removing all hidden junk, the spacing was fixed but all the links stopped working.
So if it's possible I would like to have the code redone and so I believe that everything will work fine again.
I've tried now to rewrite the code (not copy/paste) but I couldn't get the links to work.
Thanks

Screenshot.png