Jump to content

Different seasons of the same show will not merge


MagicRin
 Share

Recommended Posts

Do both series have the same external ids in the metadata editor? They need to match exactly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MagicRin
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Do both series have the same external ids in the metadata editor? They need to match exactly.

yes,their external ids are identical, and the contents of tvshow.nfo inside the folder are identical

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you show a screenshot of the metadata editor for both of them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MagicRin
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you show a screenshot of the metadata editor for both of them?

 

Y5[KTK4}9D)G57956QOC]_S.png

`K6$JFSLH5UT(Y36FYP[14Y.png

_RPXC@JW8MQ~`W`5DNERC)4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the nfo file. Can you show a screenshot of the emby metadata editor for both of them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MagicRin
10 hours ago, Luke said:

That's the nfo file. Can you show a screenshot of the emby metadata editor for both of them?

 

DYQ[Y%9UO$G$]`~647C`]YV.png

68_ZJB1_`UATCTW6J@M1S0B.png

R}P`$94CH(CVNVSQZ~LW~)4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play what do you think?

If reading the nfo files correct it looks like the season folders are being identified as Series level.

example from SP season folder.

image.png.0fe7cf8e16a0a5afd7d9fc1149683e6b.png

Is this a structure naming issue with metadata at the wrong level?

Edited by Happy2Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@MagicRin can you please show us the full folder structure and file naming? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

@MagicRin can you please show us the full folder structure and file naming? Thanks.

This appears to be the structure.

]2[}Y)30BFO8E9861744J)3.png

But appears to have tvshow.nfo in those season folders if reading the nfo screenshots above correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MagicRin
On 7/7/2022 at 8:52 AM, Luke said:

@MagicRin can you please show us the full folder structure and file naming? Thanks.

HI, I understand that you suggest using the English "season X" for the season folder name. I am using the Chinese name here, but I have many other episodes in my library that also use the Chinese "season X" as the season folder. The structure of the episodes in this case is exactly the same as the structure of my other episodes, in fact not only the episodes in this case. There is another episode that has not been merged either. But other than these two episodes, there are close to 200 episodes that do not have similar problems. I'm so confused that I even suspect it's themoviedb's problem.Thanks a lot.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

QX%3F0N1(%AQIEX0)XZO[{9.png

R[1[1WYJRH~P@~9Z@}$H`LY.png

XUH9W@7IVOA[7S%3NGZG@K3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, did you get this resolved?

If you have multiple disks holding TV shows, if possible reorganize your library merging the Shows together in one location.
If you intentionally separate parts of your library based on format or resolution such as DVD, BlueRay, 4K, DVR it's fine but make sure the mount point is the parent directory of the Show Names and not higher.  You want to make sure you have 3 tiers: Show Name (year), Season XX, SxxExx - Episode Name.ext

A couple things you can do that normally make issues like this disappear is using a utility to rename all movies and TV shows including directory structure so no matter the source of files, will get renamed properly as well as the folder structure.

There's a little trick you can do to help spot naming goofs or potential problems with multiple mount points. On Linux or similar you can union multiple directories together to get a single view of the contents.  Mergerfs is typically what I use.  Windows hasn't had union support unless you have the Linux subsystem installed.  It's recently been added to Windows Server and to some versions of Windows 10/11.  However a more reliable method is to download RCLONE and setup a remote source.  Item 43 is type UNION so you use that. It will prompt your for a name "shows", for the list of "remote paths" so just type in your local paths "c:\TV Shows", D:\TV Shows" but use the format they show.  It will take about 5 minutes in total to download and get this working.  Now you can view your "remote shows"  that are stacked.

You're using this for you own view which can quickly show you when you have the wrong parent setup as the mount point or have different names for shows as you'll get 2 shows with different titles showing up.  It takes it easy to spot this kind of thing which will cause Emby to have problems with this type of combing.  On linux it's a lot easier  Anyway it's a neat trick that can help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 7/16/2022 at 6:10 PM, cayars said:

Hi, did you get this resolved?

If you have multiple disks holding TV shows, if possible reorganize your library merging the Shows together in one location.
If you intentionally separate parts of your library based on format or resolution such as DVD, BlueRay, 4K, DVR it's fine but make sure the mount point is the parent directory of the Show Names and not higher.  You want to make sure you have 3 tiers: Show Name (year), Season XX, SxxExx - Episode Name.ext

A couple things you can do that normally make issues like this disappear is using a utility to rename all movies and TV shows including directory structure so no matter the source of files, will get renamed properly as well as the folder structure.

There's a little trick you can do to help spot naming goofs or potential problems with multiple mount points. On Linux or similar you can union multiple directories together to get a single view of the contents.  Mergerfs is typically what I use.  Windows hasn't had union support unless you have the Linux subsystem installed.  It's recently been added to Windows Server and to some versions of Windows 10/11.  However a more reliable method is to download RCLONE and setup a remote source.  Item 43 is type UNION so you use that. It will prompt your for a name "shows", for the list of "remote paths" so just type in your local paths "c:\TV Shows", D:\TV Shows" but use the format they show.  It will take about 5 minutes in total to download and get this working.  Now you can view your "remote shows"  that are stacked.

You're using this for you own view which can quickly show you when you have the wrong parent setup as the mount point or have different names for shows as you'll get 2 shows with different titles showing up.  It takes it easy to spot this kind of thing which will cause Emby to have problems with this type of combing.  On linux it's a lot easier  Anyway it's a neat trick that can help.

Hi, sorry for not replying to you after such a long time. I guess I didn't end up solving it and I deleted it after I finished watching the episodes. These two episodes are also the only ones I've encountered that have this problem. I think it may not be a problem with emby's program. It could be a problem with the scraping metadata. In any case, thanks for your patience and answers.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MagicRin,

That what is sounds like if it was only these two.  Sort of an isolated issue.

PS Thanks for the update!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...