Check for plugin updates failed

Vidman

Vidman

I just tried updating my emby server truenas plugin from 4.6 to 4.7.1 and I'm now seeing an Alert that the  Check for plugin upates has failed. this could be because i use a mount point to redirect the emby server configuration folder to a directory outside the jail which does not have the correct permissions now for some reason(i have been using this method to perserve my emby settings and metadata for years now without permission issues)Screenshot_20220606-074803_Chrome.thumb.png.fed598861811883ee99d8c84f9beca76.png

OK I've pulled in our build and packaging developer to look at it. It's odd that it's still using the mono runtime and not the .NET runtime which we've recently switched our FreeBSD packages to be based on.

I guess it's just due to the fact that this community package is not put together by us.

I know you won't like to hear this because it's a manual procedure, but our suggested install process is still going to be the package that is built by us:

https://emby.media/truenas-server.html

Vidman

actually there are 2 different versions of emby server plugins in the community plugin page. i was under the impression you managed one of them, but you actually control neither of them?

alucryd

Yeah, neither plugin is maintained by us. They both install the official port from FreeBSD, but in different fashions. We are looking into getting at least one of them a vanilla install with no modification that may hinder some features. The official port was supposed to be migrated to dotnet core, but it looks like the maintainer didn't, we are trying to get in touch to know why.

In the meantime you may use the install method linked by Luke, this one is using our own packages that have been migrated to dotnet core.

Vidman

i just updated to truenas 13 , so i should follow the instructions for  truenas 13? do you think this will resolve my errors?

5 hours ago, Vidman said:

i just updated to truenas 13 , so i should follow the instructions for  truenas 13? do you think this will resolve my errors?

That's what we suggest, and yes. I totally get that you want to use the more convenient built-in plugin, but without it being managed by us it's hard for us to recommend that.

Vidman
On 6/7/2022 at 9:58 AM, Luke said:

OK I've pulled in our build and packaging developer to look at it. It's odd that it's still using the mono runtime and not the .NET runtime which we've recently switched our FreeBSD packages to be based on.

I guess it's just due to the fact that this community package is not put together by us.

I know you won't like to hear this because it's a manual procedure, but our suggested install process is still going to be the package that is built by us:

https://emby.media/truenas-server.html

what is the manual update procedure after following this install procedure? as i followed the install procedure and it installed 4.7.1.0 and i see the latest stable release is 4.7.2.0.

also after installing 4.7.1.0 using the recommended method above my auto generated library primary images are just black rectangles rather the a random collection of primary images from each library as used to be the case

GrimReaper

You might manually delete those blank thumbs and run scan library task, they should be auto-(re)generated eventually?

Hi, there's an issue with the embedded skia image processor but we'll be pushing out another update to resolve it. Thanks.

roaku
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, there's an issue with the embedded skia image processor but we'll be pushing out another update to resolve it. Thanks.

Is ImageMagick still in use on any platforms for Emby >= 4.7?

6 minutes ago, roaku said:

Is ImageMagick still in use on any platforms for Emby >= 4.7?

Yes, on platforms that can't run Skia.

• Thanks 1

Vidman
23 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

You might manually delete those blank thumbs and run scan library task, they should be auto-(re)generated eventually?

The screen shot was taken after deleting those blank images for the third time. thanks for the suggestion tho sounds like luke is aware of the issue

• Agree 1

Vidman
On 6/15/2022 at 11:35 PM, Luke said:

You would just perform the same process again to install over the top .

well that didn't work. it just installed another copy of emby-server called emby-server_1 .... and it was still version 4.7.1.0

1 minute ago, Vidman said:

well that didn't work. it just installed another copy of emby-server called emby-server_1 .... and it was still version 4.7.1.0

Hi, what exactly didn't work? What exactly did you do?

Vidman

it didn't work because it didn't update and instead installed another copy of emby-server