Best Cloud storage in all categories ?

ng4ever

Gilgamesh_48

I will say now as I have in all the threads that discussed cloud storage: The best cloud storage is none. That is I believe the cloud should never be used for storing anything personal or important or embarrassing or valuable. It is just too unreliable and too expensive (Unless you violate the terms of service) and there is no real protection for anything stored on line.

Also the cost of local storage has gone way down and a massive bank of hard drives is quite cheap. Generally cheaper than a couple of years of decent storage.

• Like 1

ng4ever
Just now, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I will say now as I have in all the threads that discussed cloud storage: The best cloud storage is none. That is I believe the cloud should never be used for storing anything personal or important or embarrassing or valuable. It is just too unreliable and too expensive (Unless you violate the terms of service) and there is no real protection for anything stored on line.

Also the cost of local storage has gone way down and a massive bank of hard drives is quite cheap. Generally cheaper than a couple of years of decent storage.

Your right but if you had to decide which company or service would you trust ?

Curious.

Unless the answer is still none!

Gilgamesh_48
1 minute ago, ng4ever said:

Your right but if you had to decide which company or service would you trust ?

Curious.

Unless the answer is still none!

Of course my answer is still none. I do not "trust" easily and every company I have looked at for anything like cloud storage seem somewhere in between shady and criminal. For companies that are not either of those they appear to be truly psychopaths at the company level and have zero in the way of any moral compass that directs their behavior toward the rest of the world.

If you really need offsite storage you could do as I have done in the past. Set up a system at a friends house and backup to that system.

• Agree 1