Problem watching while recording

FrAllard

Just did a test on latest version. I run in docker on a linux server on NFS mounts. When the stream I'm recording is perfect without any glitches the playback during recording works. As soon as the stream as one little glitch the playback during recording doesn't work, but will work when then recording is done. The same stream in live mode also works. I don't have any more log to add since it's still the same problem for me.

If atv mean Android TV I too did not have issue lately with it. I was testing with Windows App, but I really don't care about Windows app it was only more convenient to test with it. I use a nVidia Shield and tv show I'm interested with just started back this week and I could watch and skip commercial while recording without a hitch. Those recordings were from a very stable signal though, when Survivor start later this month I'll see, this one come from a channel that isn't as stable as my other channels. So fart so good, before at the begining of this issue I was having problems with all channels even the highly stable ones.

Keep up the good work, love the system!

- Lifetime subscriber!

• Thanks 1

I just tried watching an NFL game while it was recording. I skipped every huddle and commercial break and it worked well until I caught up to real time. At that point it stopped playing. It did show up on the continue watching line, but when I chose "resume" it started back at the beginning and I could no longer skip. So, I guess that's improvement, but still needs improvement. 

Here's a pic of when I tried to resume.

Screenshot_20220918-140843_Emby.thumb.jpg.73d3d3d21a007a9d362bf4397121caa4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
FrAllard

It's good for me. I've tried it many times in the last month since the shows that we listen on live tv are back.

Sunday we listen to a 1.5h long show while it being recorded and skipping commercials without any issue. 

Thanks for the followup, this shows a lot about the project, I'm very proud to be part of this community.

FrAllard, a very happy premium subscriber!

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
MBSki

@Luke This is broken again. The issue appears to be Emby not knowing when transcoding is needed. If I manually switch a in-progress recording to transcode, it works. If I leave it on Auto, it doesn't.

• 11 months later...