When running movies and TV the video will stop playing after 5-10secs.

thunbrakuble1

thunbrakuble1

I have an Emby Server at my house and my parents access my Emby server through KODI using EMBYCON. Recently when running movies and TV the video will stop playing after 5-10seconds. After this the video freezes, nothing happens. I will try to stop the video but then KODI freezes and I have to hard stop KODI in order to get it functioning again. 

Running this on a NVIDIA Shield running KODI v 19.3.

Here is the link to the log in KODI.  

https://paste.kodi.tv/rigiginula

I've also attached my EMBY log. The show I tried to play was "I Love Lucy" and it froze about 7 seconds into playing.

I have other people that connect to my server. They are able to play videos using the same setup and connection path. They are not experiencing the same issue my parents are having. These other users are remote as well. 

This same issue is happening on multiple devices in the same household.

One more note to point out is that when I use the EMBY app for android TV the issue doesn't happen on the same SHIELD where it is currently happening. Also I'm able to watch stuff on the same network that I'm having an issues on using the Web interface and it works fine with no problems. 

I'm a bit of noob, any advice would be helpful.

embyserver.txt

TeamB

It sounds like it might be network related.

You can test what sustained network throughput a client has be using the test function in the EmbyCon main menu, go to addons and select embycon, then select addon actions, in there should be the speed test.

You could try adjusting the kodi mem caching settings in the kodi advanced settings:

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

You could also try reducing the playback bandwidth needed by selecting force transcode from the context menu of an item, select something low and see if that helps.