Music Videos library missing a lot of videos

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick
22 minutes ago, Tremas said:

For my music video setup I create ID3 tags in the Mp4 video files and then export NFOs using MediaMonkey.

I'm a Monkey head too, cheers!

Tremas

Cool! Then I would suggest nuking any NFO that was created by the previous import and using MediaMonkey to tag (ID3) all of your video files (including album art if you like). If there aren't ID3 tags already, MediaMonkey should easily be able to read artist and title from your file naming convention (or just use MediaMonkey's metadata lookup). Then use this script in MediaMonkey to spit out new NFOs:

https://github.com/ndaley7/Media-Monkey-NFO-Generator

Re-import and you should be good. That's what works for me (fingers crossed)

• Like 1

Tremas

To be clear: disable Emby metadata providers and update. Be sure to have NFO checked as a metadata "READER."

Good luck.

2022-05-26 15_05_41-Library.png

13 minutes ago, Tremas said:

Be sure to have NFO checked as a metadata "READER."

You don't need to do this unless you actually have nfo files that you want the server to ignore.

Tremas

Hi @Luke. Not sure I follow you.

23 minutes ago, Luke said:

You don't need to do this unless you actually have nfo files that you want the server to ignore.

The way I read what you wrote, if the user has existing NFO files, and you want the system to ignore them, then you uncheck "NFO" under metadata readers. That doesn't make much sense to me. Was that what you meant to say?

I'm suggesting he deletes existing NFOs and then generate new ones with a 3rd party tool outside of Emby. Then he would want to read the new ones back in.

In other words if you don't actually have nfo files then you have nothing to gain from disabling the nfo reader.

CharleyVarrick
16 hours ago, Tremas said:

Cool! Then I would suggest nuking any NFO that was created by the previous import and using MediaMonkey to tag (ID3) all of your video files (including album art if you like). If there aren't ID3 tags already, MediaMonkey should easily be able to read artist and title from your file naming convention (or just use MediaMonkey's metadata lookup). Then use this script in MediaMonkey to spit out new NFOs:

https://github.com/ndaley7/Media-Monkey-NFO-Generator

Re-import and you should be good. That's what works for me (fingers crossed)

Hi again,

I am ready to tackle the nfo generator, but I'm lost on the github page, where is the *.mmip file I need to download ?

Edited by CharleyVarrick

Tremas

@CharleyVarrick  I think the .mmip file is just a zip file renamed of all the contents in that repository. However there is a better link here with the mmip file already set up:

https://github.com/scott967/Music-video-nfo-generator/releases/tag/v1.0

On the right side of the page you will see a heading for "Releases" where you will find MV NFO Generator for MediaMonkey4

It's been a number of years since I installed it, so I'm sorry if the first link wasn't the easiest.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Following EBR's advice, I removed my music videos from artist folders.

And using most of Tremas instructions and MediaMonkey to correct and tidy up id3 tags, my MV collection is back from the dead, minus some Ninja Turtles. 

Thanks everyone 😀

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Bottles51
On 5/25/2022 at 3:03 PM, CharleyVarrick said:

So EBR, the 64k$ remains, do you know of any way I could get a list of "versionned" media within my library, short of checking them one by one?

Put each video in its own folder and they will show up separate. Just name the folder the same as the file.