Can we please get “Ends at” time put back on details screen

JonnyP

JonnyP

This is for Emby Theater for Tizen and iOS. 

It seems all these recent updates are to “clean up” the OSD etc. 

Well, there is tons of room now that you have removed the poster from the video details screen, so can we please get the “Ends at” time back on details? Makes absolutely no sense that that it was removed in the first place. 

I realize it can be seen after the video is playing by pressing down to get to video info but the whole point is to see if you have time to watch the video BEFORE you start it! Seems pretty straightforward. 
thx!

• Like 4
  • Agree 15

• 7 months later...
mrneiljinks

There used to be, up until fairly recently a really neat feature on Emby that I hadn't seen anywhere else whereby it showed what time a film or show would finish BEFORE you watched it (I know currently you can see this information when you pause once playing). You'd see this when going into an item, it was there along with the quality & play time etc.

We as a family really liked this when trying to judge what time a Friday night movie or suchlike may finish. It even updated the time when you paused - then in some update or another, it just disappeared & I can't see anywhere to enable it or any plugin that replicates it.

Was just checking in here to see if anyone else remembers the feature & if anybody knows how I might get the functionality back. I came back here from getting some good feedback initially on Reddit to the same question & encouraged by that came here.

Have run Emby alongside Plex for years now but in past 18 months or so have really been leaning towards Emby more & more for many reasons.

The good folks on Reddit called out the Devs & Luke in particular as being really good & open to suggestions/questions such as this so here I am!

I've been on Premiere since pretty much Day 1 with Emby for several years now so have always been a very happy & willing supporter.

Thanks if you can make bringing back this feature a reality.

• Agree 1

mrneiljinks

Cool. I actually use an LG TV via the Emby app for the majority of viewing. The app version on my LG is 1.0.37 & I'm running Server version 4.7.11.0 on a Netgear ReadyNAS, although it had already disappeared when I migrated from an old laptop the server was previously running on.

I run the Web app on a Win 11 laptop & a Win 10 PC but 95% of viewing is via the LG app.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, mrneiljinks said:

I actually use an LG TV via the Emby app for the majority of viewing.

Than unfortunately you'll have to hope it actually gets implemented back eventually. 

• Sad 1

mrneiljinks

Thanks for replying so quickly though. Not sure the reasoning on why it was dropped originally but it sure seems a feature that plenty of people like. Out of interest for my own 5% of the time using the web app & anyone else who uses the web app more of the time - what is the hack to get it back there please?

GrimReaper
17 minutes ago, mrneiljinks said:

Out of interest for my own 5% of the time using the web app & anyone else who uses the web app more of the time - what is the hack to get it back there please?

Courtesy of @Happy2Play:

Edit the mediainfo.js (might have other side effects) and change:

!1 !== options.endsAt && (endYear = getEndsAt(options.mediaSource || item)) && (html += getMediaInfoItem(endYear, "endsAt")),

to

!1 !== options.endsAt && (endYear = getEndsAt(item)) && (html += getMediaInfoItem(endYear, "endsAt")),

• Like 1

mightymouse11

I would love to see it back on the Android TV app too... I used this feature all the time and thought I went mad when it vanished. Since it was already implemented isn't it a simple addition as an option?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, mightymouse11 said:

I would love to see it back on the Android TV app too

Not quite following as Android TV app still has it; sideloaded standard Android app doesn't, tho.

• Sad 1

mightymouse11

Maybe I'm going crazy after all then. I can see it when I go into the movie details but I swear there was a section IN the library (before going into the movie details ) where it would show the rating info and "ends on". Nvidia Shield. No? I would not bear not even having it in the movie details 😕

Edited by mightymouse11

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, mightymouse11 said:

Maybe I'm going crazy after all then. I can see it when I go into the movie details but I swear there was a section IN the library (before going into the movie details ) where it would show the rating info and "ends on". Nvidia Shield. No? I would not bear not even having it in the movie details 😕

And again I'm not following, as it's still there (if you don't have "Show Labels" option enabled in Display preferences).

• Thanks 1

mightymouse11
8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

And again I'm not following, as it's still there (if you don't have "Show Labels" option enabled in Display preferences).

Oh you are a legend! I've got it back 🙂 Thank you! This is so much better (Again!) Fingers crossed it stays there!

Edited by mightymouse11
  • Like 1

mrneiljinks
1 hour ago, mightymouse11 said:

I would love to see it back on the Android TV app too... I used this feature all the time and thought I went mad when it vanished. Since it was already implemented isn't it a simple addition as an option?

Fingers-crossed

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Courtesy of @Happy2Play:

Edit the mediainfo.js (might have other side effects) and change:

!1 !== options.endsAt && (endYear = getEndsAt(options.mediaSource || item)) && (html += getMediaInfoItem(endYear, "endsAt")),

to

!1 !== options.endsAt && (endYear = getEndsAt(item)) && (html += getMediaInfoItem(endYear, "endsAt")),

Thanks so much for this & being so active in replying today - much appreciated :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
TexasMouse

I would actually like to see the “ends at” or “time renaming” info when I am on the home screen and I see the posters for what is currently playing on live tv.  I see the poster and the name below it.  Adding the ending time would be great.  Incidentally, using MacOS Server and viewing with browser, Apple IOS app, and AppleTV app.

• 2 months later...
Albertax

Do you think we will see the Ends at back in the detail screen on any of the other apps? 

GrimReaper
17 minutes ago, Albertax said:

Do you think we will see the Ends at back in the detail screen on any of the other apps? 

Which in particular? AndroidTV client app never lost it (and still has it). 

mrneiljinks

Thanks for picking this up - my own usage is via the LG TV WebOS app & it was from this that I noted the feature had gone when originally starting this thread.

• 8 months later...