Media Portal Plugin

Elsaya

Elsaya

the plugin works fine, but without any options. I can't set a channel group and and I don't know how the new version manages the recordings. I have a separate media portal server and the recordings should continue to be on the media portal server. that's my problem, with the new version. 

hi @Elsaya you can create channel groups in Emby Server.

if you have existing recordings created by Media Portal, you can import those into Emby Server as a regular Emby library. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Elsaya

i don't want to import the recordings, because I also use the native mediaportal client. For the mobile devices and Apple TV I use Emby and in my home I use the Mediaportal Client. This is the point. 

Edited by Elsaya

But how would that be any different? You'd just be pointing emby server to the folder of recordings like other libraries.

Elsaya

okay, i misunderstood import. I currently have a library which points to the recording directory of the media portal server. and that works very well. the only downside is that I have no information about the recordings. I only see the file name. but that's not a big problem. I currently see 2-3 problems for me with the plugin. 1. no channel group, 2. in the old plugin, the epg data was taken over from the server, this no longer works in the new version either. 3. If recordings are programmed in emby, they are not available in the Mediportal Server database and are not displayed in the native mediaportal client under recordings.

in the old plugin, the epg data was taken over from the server, this no longer works in the new version either.

Hi, this is still supported. Please refresh the guide data in emby server and then attach the emby server log after it completes. Thanks.

Elsaya

I updated emby to the latest version. the epg data is updated by the mediaportal server. I hadn't seen it because so many channels were displayed for which no epg should be loaded. :)

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Elsaya said:

I can't set a channel group

A new plugin version is in the making that allows you to choose channel groups again.

leetxjd

That is GREAT news!  I came here trying to figure out what went wrong with my Mediaportal setup. 

My guide is packed with channels that I don't usually watch (shopping networks) and I only need access to movie channels when there is a freeview.  So the update to the update will be welcome.