Upload bandwith used from emby server without any connection

teicang

teicang

Hi all , in this last days I'm experimented the following strange behavior already happened some times ago.

I saw my internal local  ntw was very slow and checking on the router I saw the upload bandwith was very high also if I was noy done any special action, so I check my NAS and so it was the NAS using upload band (UP-load not DOWNLOAD) , checking the process which also using the CPU resources I discovered was EMBY server that use both. Just to be sure I manually stopped the server and both value go down. I restart it and both value increase again, so I'm sure the upload is used by emby, I left all the night on but this morning the service was stopped (automatically) and after I started it again, again the upload bandwith start to increase and also the CPU %.

I have two NAS (terramaster , two different model and HW in two different ntw and provider ) and in both the situation is the same. This situation are creating me a lot of problem on my internal and esternal connection, I left stop the emby app on one of them to be possible for me to work.

I can attach several LOGs. logs from 19 (yesterday, were maybe you can see why the server STOP this nigth) LOG of 20 were you can see why and what Emby are sendind  using bandwith.

Following the screen when the problem was on, you can see the upload band to aroun 5 MB and somethimes it goes up, anf the CPU  load around 30 % that normally the average is quite 1%.

Help

regards

\Gianni

image.png.a0e2c3b5d8fb750206d3a56e3b3dd412.png

200522embyserver.txt 200522embyserver-63788636867.txt 200522hardware_detection-63788636884.txt 190522embyserver-63788601600.txt 190522hardware_detection-63788598232.txt 190522hardware_detection-63788598469.txt

Hi, there's a lot of log files here. What time did the problem occur?

teicang
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, there's a lot of log files here. What time did the problem occur?

File 190522 are from yesterday I suppose till 2400 ? I left the system with emby server started and with the problem ON,  I checked around 2200 (bandwith in upload used from emby)

This morning when I checked the emby server it was in state STOPPED. The bandwith and the cpu usage was normal . SO for some reason the server goes down from 2200 to 0900 this morning.  I restarted the emby server and put it in operation, immediately the upload banndwith increased and the same for the CPU. I supposed this data are in the log for today , I called 220522 .

Let me know if is clear 🙂

thx

5 minutes ago, teicang said:

File 190522 are from yesterday I suppose till 2400 ? I left the system with emby server started and with the problem ON,  I checked around 2200 (bandwith in upload used from emby)

This morning when I checked the emby server it was in state STOPPED. The bandwith and the cpu usage was normal . SO for some reason the server goes down from 2200 to 0900 this morning.  I restarted the emby server and put it in operation, immediately the upload banndwith increased and the same for the CPU. I supposed this data are in the log for today , I called 220522 .

Let me know if is clear 🙂

thx

Well there is user activity in this log. Nothing really unusual. 

teicang

Which user? Do you able to undestand ? because really I was doing nothing . I have the same beaviour now on the second server I have here in my house. Actually I stopped the emby server , if I try to activate it, after a few second the bandwith in upload side increased a lot  , so I suppose the traffic is from emby TO "out" of my local network , something is sent.

I can activate also now if you indicate me which type of log I can provide to you 🙂 to better undestand what are doing the server  🙂

I just tested again , this the situation with emby server STOPPED CPU 8.5% UP BAND 3.15 Kb\s

image.png.a4ad891e4cd665d4c56b369915744538.png

STARTED EMBY SERVER : CPU 80.39% and UP BAND 6.47 MB\S

image.png.d98595715b0b85dff3dc028dcc6e7303.png

To provide a LOG I have to stop the server otherwise I cannot open the web browser because the network become congestioned.

But I'm SILLY , if I stopped I cannot take the log 😞
Do you need?

\Gianni

Edited by teicang

teicang

Hi Luke any idea ? Suggestion? I tryed to remove the app and reistall it, but as it start again,  emby start to send something and use all my Upload bandwidth.  This create   a congestion and i have also problem to stop it again 😞

I'm in remote so I cannot restart yet the router 

Regards

Gianni

I'm not sure but you could try updating to the new 4.7 release and see if that helps.

Happy2Play

Do you use DLNA?  As the large log is spammed with DLNA issues.

teicang

I use DLNA but not in that moment, I was not doind any connection, just restarted the emby server APP, this is the strange thing, I left all the night run, this morning the situation seems to be normal, But it will sure it will appear again (it already happened in the past and solved without understand why)

The question is : When the emby server starts ; what do it? which connection it perform? It tranfer some data configuration related to the database for example in any central server?

IF NOT , I havent any explanation about what happen, because I'm SURE the bancdwith is used by EMBY , If I stop the server all goes back to the normality. I haven't any other user dor my emby, just myself so I'm sure nobody other was using it.

Luke, the new 4.7 version is also for terramaster NAS? in case  have I to load manually correct?

thx

\Gianni

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 3:18 AM, teicang said:

Luke, the new 4.7 version is also for terramaster NAS? in case  have I to load manually correct?

thx

\Gianni

Hi, yes, instructions can be found on our website: https://emby.media/download

We'll be submitting it to TerraMaster soon. Thanks.