CoverArt Plugin Not Working

jrcorwin
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jrcorwin

I've had an account for around 5 years, I've come and gone a few times and have had Premiere at various times. I brought my server back from the dead a few hours ago and immediately resubscribed to Premiere. Everything is updated and good to go. The CoverArt plugin isn't working though. Not only does it not show up in my library after applying settings, but I'm also not getting any previews within the settings.

Screenshot_20220514-010103_Vivaldi Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-010142_Vivaldi Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-010156_Vivaldi Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-010459_Vivaldi Browser.jpg

jrcorwin

I'm not sure if this is the correct log, but it is attached.

Edited by jrcorwin

I'd probably suggest using our docker container over those instructions.

jrcorwin
On 5/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, Luke said:

I'd probably suggest using our docker container over those instructions.

Sending you a PM about this. Hope that is alright. 

Does that build have the skia image processor? If so, what version? It's all these little components that are embedded that need to be there and done correctly, which is why I would suggest using a package that we build ourselves.

jrcorwin
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Does that build have the skia image processor? If so, what version? It's all these little components that are embedded that need to be there and done correctly, which is why I would suggest using a package that we build ourselves.

Here is the response I got:

The instructions we provide pull the latest stable release of Emby from their very own GitHub releases; we do not build Emby itself. ImageMagick is provided on the servers and, as far as I can tell, Skia should be provided by the program (Emby) itself. Unfortunately, unless you can convince that developer to provide more details or understand that our instructions pull from their own provided builds, we'll be unable to assist.

• Solution

Skia should be provided by the program (Emby) itself

No, all of the dependences are supplied from the native, platform-specific package. The netcore zip that they're basing on is not a native package. We've already done all of this work on a large range of platforms and architectures so I would suggest using one of the packages that we provide on our website. Since we don't have a gentoo-specific one, I would suggest our Docker package.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Henkmeister

I have the docker package of Emby, but do not also get the CoverArt to work. I can see the preview and change settings but my library is unchanged. When I click on the "Media folder", the background goes dark (??). How do I "run" this plugin?