Live TV Streaming Issues

sundevil67

sundevil67

When watching live TV:

• About every 5-10 minutes or so it just bounces me back to the "channels" screen & I have to start again
  • Sometimes it doesn't work at all, and the attached dialog shows up (this same message sometimes appears during the stream, requiring me to start again)
  • The only change I can think of that might coincide somewhat with the problem getting worse might be the installation of the TuneIn & Folder Sync plugins
  • When I launch the same channels with VLC, they don't freeze & cut out. VLC doesn't rely on the old Mac running Emby, but I can only use that when watching from my Macbook

It's also much more finicky lately when loading VOD content as well; usually have to restart the app a few times to get past a black screen; worst when using iOS.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 7.21.59 AM.png

embyserver.txt.zip

sundevil67
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what time did the problem occur in these log file examples?

The worst of it was last night around 7pm MT? That's a real ballpark guess - it was in the middle of the Yankees game, of course during the most crucial part of the game..If that log isn't that helpful I can try to force the issue & note the time more specifically.

3 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

The worst of it was last night around 7pm MT? That's a real ballpark guess - it was in the middle of the Yankees game, of course during the most crucial part of the game..If that log isn't that helpful I can try to force the issue & note the time more specifically.

Yes that would be helpful because I would also like to see the corresponding ffmpeg log(s). Thanks.

sundevil67

After some more troubleshooting & trial & error, it looks like the primary culprit once again is my ISP throttling my bandwidth. Apologies for the false alarm of sorts...I'll spare you the details, but my early experiences pointed away from that possibility.

I have to go through this every 6-8 weeks or so; I complainĀ that I'm paying for 1GBps & getting <5 Mbps, they deny it is related to anything intentional (despite the use of a VPN increasing the speed 10x) & advise me to check for loose ethernet cables šŸ™„Ā  There's no competition in the areas, so threatening to take my business elsewhere isn't an effective bluff. Usually if I make enough noise, the issue will magically improve after a few days. There's just an insane number of people moving to this area all at once, and they are struggling to allocate enough bandwidth.

The other quirks that threw me off track are minor &Ā related to specific hardware that I'll leave for another day/thread.Ā 

• 1 month later...
sundevil67

I'm still getting this "Playback Error" a much much greater % of the time when loading certain channels, in this case MSNBC. The bandwidth problems I was referring to above have largely been resolved, and this same channel is working flawlessly when accessed through VLC. While it's not a huge deal to just watch through there, I would like to figure out what is causing only certain channels to be affected this way, since it is definitely something related to how Emby is establishing the connection. I do also want to make sure to figure it out if it is at all related to something that could lead to my ISP flagging the usage asĀ something potentially naughty šŸ¤”

Thank you in advance for passing along any ideas...

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 2.51.27 PM.png

server-log_ffmpeg.zip

23 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

I'm still getting this "Playback Error" a much much greater % of the time when loading certain channels, in this case MSNBC. The bandwidth problems I was referring to above have largely been resolved, and this same channel is working flawlessly when accessed through VLC. While it's not a huge deal to just watch through there, I would like to figure out what is causing only certain channels to be affected this way, since it is definitely something related to how Emby is establishing the connection. I do also want to make sure to figure it out if it is at all related to something that could lead to my ISP flagging the usage asĀ something potentially naughty šŸ¤”

Thank you in advance for passing along any ideas...

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 2.51.27 PM.png

server-log_ffmpeg.zip 3.41 MBĀ Ā·Ā 0 downloads

Your live tv provider is sending back a 410 gone response, essentially meaning the resource is no longer available.

It's possible that urls have changed and you need to run the refresh guide scheduled task. The default scheduled for that is every 24 hours. If your provider urls are changing more frequently, you may want to shorted that to 12 hours.