Jump to content

Newly Logged in Device missing from Download To List for Sync/Offline


nickglott
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Recommended Posts

nickglott

Hello,

I just bought a new Samsung Tab S8 Ultra and Tab S8+ and set them all up and was at the point when I wanted to have all my tv shows set to sync to my devices when I notice that I could not find the device on the list to Download To so I wanted to at least report it. This was with Emby for Android vesion 3.2.47. I did check and the new device did show up in my devices list just like all the other devices so I assumed the problem was w/ the app or one of its updates as I know this feature was working not that long ago for my new phone in December. I did seem to find a workaround, I uninstalled the app from the play store and downloaded an APK for version 3.2.32 adn relogged in. Right away the new device was in the list, I then set something to sync and updated the app from the play store to the newest version again (3.2.47) and it stayed on the list and seems to by syncing normaly.

I know the app got pulled from the store and not sure if any of the changes made since broke it, but it seems something chnaged from 4.2.32 to .47 that stopped adding a newly logged in device to the Download To List (at least for my 2 new devices new samsung devices).

Hope this bug report helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, were you able to download directly from the app?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nickglott
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, were you able to download directly from the app?

Let me refrase that...

No sir, I was not able to download within the app to the "new device" as I was unable to select the current device since it wasnt on the list but I could to another that was on the list(it would auto default to the 1st device on the list (Note 9). I also could not see the newly added device on the web version(Download To) as well untill loging into the app with an older version. I was able to download a file on the web version to the device but that not within the sync/offline "system" just a plain old download.

Fist bug i have seen in such a long time as everything has been quite very stable for past year or two with everyhting Emby. As always you gusy have done such a great job and I am forver greatful for all your hard works.

Edited by nickglott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nickglott said:

Let me refrase that...

No sir, I was not able to download within the app to the "new device" as I was unable to select the current device since it wasnt on the list but I could to another that was on the list(it would auto default to the 1st device on the list (Note 9). I also could not see the newly added device on the web version(Download To) as well untill loging into the app with an older version. I was able to download a file on the web version to the device but that not within the sync/offline "system" just a plain old download.

Fist bug i have seen in such a long time as everything has been quite very stable for past year or two with everyhting Emby. As always you gusy have done such a great job and I am forver greatful for all your hard works.

Hi, but when you're inside the android app itself you don't have to select a device for download. You just click any of the numerous download buttons that are throughout the user interface. You'd only use Download To when downloading to a different device.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also did you sign in with Emby Connect or direct server credentials?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nickglott
21 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, but when you're inside the android app itself you don't have to select a device for download. You just click any of the numerous download buttons that are throughout the user interface. You'd only use Download To when downloading to a different device.

 

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Also did you sign in with Emby Connect or direct server credentials?

Luke,

I did sign in with emby connect. The prob is since the newly logged in device is not on the list, if I click download on any item it will download it to the 1st device on the list or at least in my case so that was a Note 9, it did not download to that new device. The only way around was to install the older apk then it was automatically selected on download to list and did download to the newly addded device.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Ok I see the issue. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nickglott
On 5/10/2022 at 10:50 PM, Luke said:

Ok I see the issue. Thanks.

Awesome glad I could help. Thanks again for all the amazing work.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...