keeping mapped channels for new provider

FightingIrish

FightingIrish

Hi,

Is there anyway to keep the channel mappings when going from one iptv provider to another when using m3u files?  If I change just the username and password the mapping is lost even though everything else for that channel is the same.  Looking at the livetv.xml file, i can't figure out what channel is what.  Is there something you can share with me that would allow me to know what channel is what in this file and perhaps I can make for file modifications vs remapping the channels again.

TIA

Hi, you can certainly try but unless the data matches up exactly between both providers then I don't think it will be retained.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
mark-in-dallas

I can vouch that it won't.  I had gone though many IPTV providers and had to remap every time.  There is somewhat of a solution though.  If you install xTeve and filter out the channels that you don't want, then assign channel numbers to the ones you do.  Then use the xTeve generated M3U in Emby, if you later change providers you just need to reassign the channel numbers in xTeve to match what you had for the previous provider.

• Like 1