Lock Screen controls when casting to Chromecast

steepbun

steepbun

When I cast from my iOS device, media controls used to appear on my Lock Screen, and the volume buttons would control the Chromecast volume.

I recently got a response to a review I left in the App Store mentioning this issue, and was told that this feature wasn’t intentionally removed. Since this issue first appeared (within the last year?), I’ve reinstalled Emby server as well as the apps on my devices, but I was still unable to get back this functionality.

I also noticed around the time this started that I would also need to constantly reconnect the Emby app to my Chromecast, as it no longer stays connected when the app is not in the foreground. It seems like the app used to play a silent video of some kind, which enables the iOS media controls to show up in control center and the Lock Screen. My guess is that this also kept the app alive in the background, and so the Chromecast connection would persist even when leaving the app for long periods of time.

I really miss this functionality, and actually noticed I hardly use my Chromecast now in favor of using another device with a dedicated remote. Hoping to get some clarity on this issue!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...