Automatic Boxsets management

sfnetwork

There really isn't a utility.  It will work just like most other things in MB.  You Install it, configure it and forget it.

So, the option would be to show them in-line.  I'll probably leave it for a later version.

I will have the threshold at which you create a collection configurable.  However, there would be an interaction with this option and the "don't own" option.  If I implemented the "don't own" option and you had it turned on, then the system would ignore your threshold.

• Like 1

dannypcf

I was under the impression that the XBMC scraper ignores already-imported files even if they change thereafter: if anyone can confirm otherwise, that'd mean problem solved ;-) Otherwise will test myself tomorrow.

No, XBMC doesn't pick up the updated nfo automatically if that item has been scanned into XBMC library already earlier. So if you need to update the item in XBMC from the nfo updated by MB3, a manual refresh of the item will do. For a mass refresh, you could set the content of a source to none, select "yes" if XBMC asks to remove all items from that source then set the content back to the original type again, then XBMC will rescan all nfo(s) in that source. See this link:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library/Updating_or_removing_videos

Yes, but not in actual library, just in the "utility" or where ever this would be managed.

As long as it's really clear that user doesn't have it...

***And one VERY important thing that XBMC and Plex failed to do; do not create a collection when user only have one movie of it... (or make it an option I guess...)

Agree to show missing member in a set is useful, however it should be really clear that user doesn't have the movie in the library. May be to put an option to determine to show the missing member or not, just like the handling of missing episode.

It is good to let user to configure to create or not create a collection if user has only 1 movie of a set as well.

Cheesegeezer

Wow i cant believe i missed this, think this will be a most useful asset to MB

sfnetwork

Making some progress here.  SF I should have an alpha for you to test this weekend.

Great, looking forward to it!

I could use a few beta testers for this.  Reply here if interested.

You will need to be using the MB metadata fetchers because we are currently the only ones that retrieve the information we require for this feature to work.  A request has already been made for MetaBrowser to include this data but it isn't there yet.

This would a very cool feature. I would love to see this developed!

It is in testing now. If you wish to help test let Eric know.

MrLinford

You will need to be using the MB metadata fetchers because we are currently the only ones that retrieve the information we require for this feature to work.  A request has already been made for MetaBrowser to include this data but it isn't there yet.

count me in

Do you guys think it would be useful to have an option to show members of the set that you don't actually own...?

I suggest to do this like it is done for TV shows, where you can select if you want to see episodes that you don't have, but they are clearly marked as not available.

I'm up for testing this. I have already some boxsets created, some with the movies inside of the boxset folder, and some with shortcuts to the movies.

So I'm curious about finding the missing boxsets, and at the same time what will it do to current boxsets.

It won't do anything with current ones so you'd need to remove those unless they are some sort of custom set tmdb doesn't know about.

Once I get a couple more volunteers I'll put together a beta release for them.

• Like 1

Thx.  I have a few of you taking a look at this over the weekend.  Hopefully, it will be available shortly after that.

• Like 2

I have a few boxsets in my 900 movie collection, that have no shortcuts or [boxset]'s on them.  With a fresh media browser server.  If needed for a stage 2 beta ;)

aspdend

Great to see this progressing...if I had spare time to test at the moment, I would have volunteered like a shot, but will be a keen adopter and tester when this is released...

mithra62

If you're still looking for testers, I'd love to give it a go.