Automatic Boxsets management

sfnetwork

I think this plug-in is pretty much ready but I have been waiting for some other components to catch up. Hopefully, I can get a version out sometime next week.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
yardameus

Don't mean to get off topic with this, but in this scenario (or with this setup) you have each movie in it's own folder (not within a boxset folder) within the general movie collection, and then a seperate boxset collection folder with all of the boxset folders within it for the shortcuts?  So each movie is still viewable individually within the movie collection, but not grouped with the others?  I guess I know how to make it work, just curious as to how most people implement it.

With this plug-in you can either have a dedicated media folder for your box sets or you can mix them in.  However, even if you mix them in, the individual movies will still be there.

@@ebr are we still waiting for components to catch up??

I'll probably put a beta up soon and see what people think.  I'm still not 100% sure this is going to be exactly what people will want.

yardameus

It sounds very similar to a feature in Metabrowser, which may help a lot of people switch over to MB entirely.

dgotiear

I'll probably put a beta up soon and see what people think.  I'm still not 100% sure this is going to be exactly what people will want.

been looking for this feature for a while. Look forward to the beta!!!! Push that "B"eta out ;)

yardameus

With my collection growing to the point it is at, this seems more and more useful.  Little extras like this really help the "average" user who doesn't want to go in to explorer and rearrange folders and create boxset folders.

A beta is now available in the catalog.  Please report issues in the plug-in questions forum and prefix the title with "Auto BoxSets".

• Like 2

mattyg8

I currently have all my boxset movies in a folder with the following folder structure

Boxset Movies

The Hangover Collection [tmdbid=86119] [boxset]

The Hangover (2009)

The Hangover Part II (2011)

The Hangover Part III (2013)

I place the actual movie folders in there

Does this plugin Create the collection folder and adds short cuts to the movie folders in there?

moviefan

Yes it would be nice to see a description of how exactly this plugin is going to work.

Is it going to create a boxset shortcut folder for boxsets that don't exist and just link to moves in the collection?

Does it move movies to the correct boxset folders?

What exactly is the function here?

I have already gone through my collections and have setup folders for all of my boxsets.  Is the idea that moving forward the boxset grouping will just be automated and we don't need to put it in folders?  Or it just handles any format?  Will all of the custom boxsets I've already created be affected in any way?

Thanks!

Yes!

Thank you!

It's looking really good. Most of the boxsets are correct!

One thing. When I replace a movie with one of a higher quality will the collection then be updated?

Vidman
Yes it would be nice to see a description of how exactly this plugin is going to work.

Is it going to create a boxset shortcut folder for boxsets that don't exist and just link to moves in the collection?

Does it move movies to the correct boxset folders?

What exactly is the function here?

I have already gone through my collections and have setup folders for all of my boxsets. Is the idea that moving forward the boxset grouping will just be automated and we don't need to put it in folders? Or it just handles any format? Will all of the custom boxsets I've already created be affected in any way?

Thanks!

If you go to the plugin within mediabrowser you will see a nice description of how exactly this plugin is going to work

Edited by Vidman

bloodtaker

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Thank you for this and it works great does take a few min's to populate but it is well worth it since it scans everything for you and Loads it up for you.

The old adage goes Great things comes to those who wait. In this case it is spot on.