Emby Theater for Linux

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

I've encountred some problems with Audio-Passthru on my Linux System (Manjaro). Files with Audio-Formats for which I've enabled passthru won't play. There is no error-message: I just get the "loading-circle" indefinitely. Once I disable passthru or chose a file with a different audio-format that is not passed thru it plays fine. Is this a know error? Are there any logs I could provide to help you track the problem?

I'm using a fresh install of Manjaro-Linux (Arch) with all the recent updates.

@AllesMeins try turning off passthrough. It sounds like you shouldn't have enabled it, right?

If you enable it but your audio equipment doesn't support it, then unfortunately the mpv video player that we're embedding doesn't handle that very well.

AllesMeins
18 hours ago, Luke said:

@AllesMeins try turning off passthrough. It sounds like you shouldn't have enabled it, right?

If you enable it but your audio equipment doesn't support it, then unfortunately the mpv video player that we're embedding doesn't handle that very well.

Thanks for the explanation. My equipment does support it and kodi manages to passthrough audio just fine. But it isn't very important to me, so I can do without.

But maybe you can find a way to handle it more gracefully in a future release, because it took me quite a while and some (in hindsight) unnecessary tinkering with my server and the connection until I figured out that passthrough is the problem.

10 hours ago, AllesMeins said:

Thanks for the explanation. My equipment does support it and kodi manages to passthrough audio just fine. But it isn't very important to me, so I can do without.

But maybe you can find a way to handle it more gracefully in a future release, because it took me quite a while and some (in hindsight) unnecessary tinkering with my server and the connection until I figured out that passthrough is the problem.

Right the problem has been reported to mpv. @generiq actually filed it.

generiq

I'm not entirely sure that I did. I'd need to see an mpv log, but two things that might help are, specifying the audio device/exclusivity (something might be sharing the device). And setting audio-silence. I'm away from my computer, so I can't provide more help at this time.