Jump to content

How to display audio tracks


PeterWug
 Share

Recommended Posts

PeterWug

Hi community!

I have several movies with multiple audio tracks (mostly MKV).

Example:
Movie1.mkv with audio spanish & english
Movie2.mkv with audio french & english
a.s.o.

In the settings I can enable the folowwing for my collection:
- Title
- Year
- Community Ranking
- Critics Ranking
- Age

But NO LANGUAGE?
How to enable (or hack or custom script) it?

My family needs to know the avaible audio tracks / languages by browsing the libraries... At the moment they have to CLICK on every single movie to see the available audio tracks. :(

Work around: I manualy edit every title to "Name of Movie (ES/EN)" or "Name of Movie (FR/EN)" or "Name of Move (EN)" or "Name of Movie (RUS/EN/ES) a.s.o.

Edited by PeterWug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wrote the Iconic plugin to solve similar problems to yours by adding icons to the item images based on the item's properties.

I think the MediaStream rule might help your specific case.

 

 

Edited by roaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PeterWug

image.png.eea7941f17001987ddfaf94529aa67ab.png

>

For example, if you wanted to see a Commentary Icon for you movies with commentary tracks and you have your audio tracks titled like below, you can make a MediaStream rule with two properties like so:

Type: 'Audio'

Title: 'commentary'

>

I can't find "AUDIO" as property key :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PeterWug said:

image.png.eea7941f17001987ddfaf94529aa67ab.png

>

For example, if you wanted to see a Commentary Icon for you movies with commentary tracks and you have your audio tracks titled like below, you can make a MediaStream rule with two properties like so:

Type: 'Audio'

Title: 'commentary'

>

I can't find "AUDIO" as property key :(

 

The property key is 'Type'. You give it the value 'Audio'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PeterWug

Did it, but then there is no input field to enter "English" or any language (or "commentary) source:

 

 

Quote:

----

For MediaStream rules, they're based on information you can see at the bottom of the web app for an individual movie item.

For example, if you wanted to see a Commentary Icon for you movies with commentary tracks and you have your audio tracks titled like below, you can make a MediaStream rule with two properties like so:

Type: 'Audio'

Title: 'commentary'

 

When Iconic checks this rule, it will look at each MediaStream below to see that the Type property *contains* 'audio' and that the Title property *contains* 'commentary'.

The check is case insensitive and will match things like 'commentary', 'Commentary 1', 'This is a commentary'.

You can do the same thing with Video MediaStreams.-

------

 

grafik.png.11918fd2a333d982af1abe22a7549504.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PeterWug

...and what to select then as Property Key?

(I can't select TYPE again, neither there is "AUDIO"

(thank you very much by the way!!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PeterWug said:

...and what to select then as Property Key?

(I can't select TYPE again, neither there is "AUDIO"

(thank you very much by the way!!!)

Well, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you want to test against the Language field of your item's Audio tracks, select  'Language' or 'DisplayLanguage' as the key for your new property and give it a value of 'deutsch' or whatever makes sense.

If you want to test against the Title field of your item's Audio tracks, select 'Title' as the key for your new property and give it a value of 'deutsch' or whatever makes sense.

And this is how the rule tests for a match:

33 minutes ago

When Iconic checks this rule, it will look at each MediaStream below to see that the Type property *contains* 'audio' and that the Title property *contains* 'commentary'.

The check is case insensitive and will match things like 'commentary', 'Commentary 1', 'This is a commentary'.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PeterWug

Thanks a lot for your help, but at the very end this is not what I would expect. Too hacky, and not really visually working if 3 or more languages (multi language movies)...

 

The Information is already there, in the INFO or NFO or METADATA of the movie:

<audio>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>

How to display it like this?

image.png.14726125a33e1f0fabf5c8f3b15057bb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

Currently there is no way to do this as there would need to be code changes in every client and server.

 

But since you are talking about the web client you would have to find the script and possibly html to add.

Edited by Happy2Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PeterWug said:

Thanks a lot for your help, but at the very end this is not what I would expect. Too hacky, and not really visually working if 3 or more languages (multi language movies)...

 

The Information is already there, in the INFO or NFO or METADATA of the movie:

<audio>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>

How to display it like this?

image.png.14726125a33e1f0fabf5c8f3b15057bb.png

Well, that's too bad.

For everyone else, Iconic comes with a lot of badge customization options to get just the look you want, and registered versions support multiple tag rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...