Incorrect episode information and no easy way to fix it

CasaWongo

CasaWongo

Hi,

I'm running Emby on Asustor AS1004T and Emby v4.6.7 and recently something strange happened where all my episodes for some series got over written with different IMDb ID and TVDB id from another show. This affected a few shows while other shows were fine. Some shows I was able to fixed with the Identify feature and putting in the correct show IDs and running the refresh Metadata. But others like this one below called "Do you like Brahms" has the right meta data for the show at the main level and I even put it in the Season 1 level, but each episode has the incorrect meta data. I tried refreshing the meta data at the Show level, at the Seaon level but it doesn't cascade down.. I have to go to each episode and blank out the incorrect meta data at the episode level and refresh the meta data individually to pull in the correct information. I was wondering if there's an easier to fix this? I also tried running a Library File Scan, but it didn't work.. Is there an easy way to cascade the info down to the episode level if there's already something there?

image.png.a943e9aa44f14e598faf6d5c79dc4da9.png

Happy2Play

What is your metadata downloader order for this library? @CasaWongo

But everything will/shoud come from a seriesid not season or episode level.

may need to see a server log to look for errors.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, CasaWongo said:

Is there an email address I can send the log to? What do you mean by "metadata downloader order"? 

You can pm them to me the I can add devs if needed.

Every library has a provider order for metadata and separate section for images.

image.png.0aef49d111912a391d41bc06130b2a67.png

CasaWongo

I emailed you the log. I left all the default options for the Movie Metadata Downloader. NOTE: Now my "kdrama" folder has IMDB ID and TVDB ID tagged with the incorrect show and the entire folder is showing up as the show on the TV dashboard. I don't understand where the metadata for this show is coming from since I don't even have it in my library.. all the episodes for the other shows now have the info from this show.. I even tried deleting the season.nfo from each show folder hoping it would rebuild but it still showing up with this incorrect info.

image.thumb.png.4ac3f9bc3c82ea074ad9580c572a39a5.png

Happy2Play

@CasaWongoYou need to resolve your permission issues on "/volume3/Media/TV" as you can see in your log if full of "is denied" errors.

2022-04-23 11:46:39.518 Error App: Error resolving path /volume3/Media/TV/KDrama/Do you like Brahms
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffdetect /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-asustor_{version}_arm.apk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 3.10.70 (root@sw1-server) (gcc version 7.4.0 (crosstool-NG 1.24.0) ) #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 00:36:23 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: arm/arm
	Runtime: volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /home/emby
	Application path: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/volume3/Media/TV/KDrama/Do you like Brahms'.
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1..ctor(String directory, Boolean isNormalized, EnumerationOptions options)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetFilteredFileSystemEntries(IDirectoryService directoryService, String path, IFileSystem fileSystem, IServerApplicationHost appHost, ILogger logger, ItemResolveArgs args, Int32 flattenFolderDepth, Boolean resolveShortcuts)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ResolvePath(FileSystemMetadata fileInfo, IDirectoryService directoryService, IItemResolver[] resolvers, Folder parent, LibraryOptions libraryOptions)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ResolveFileList(List`1 fileList, IDirectoryService directoryService, Folder parent, IItemResolver[] resolvers, LibraryOptions libraryOptions)
	Source: System.IO.FileSystem
	TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)
2022-04-23 11:58:44.056 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffdetect /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-asustor_{version}_arm.apk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 3.10.70 (root@sw1-server) (gcc version 7.4.0 (crosstool-NG 1.24.0) ) #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 00:36:23 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: arm/arm
	Runtime: volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /home/emby
	Application path: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume3/Media/TV/KDrama/Do you like Brahms/tvshow.nfo' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.OpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType updateType, IMetadataSaver[] savers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, CasaWongo said:

I emailed you the log. I left all the default options for the Movie Metadata Downloader. NOTE: Now my "kdrama" folder has IMDB ID and TVDB ID tagged with the incorrect show and the entire folder is showing up as the show on the TV dashboard. I don't understand where the metadata for this show is coming from since I don't even have it in my library.. all the episodes for the other shows now have the info from this show.. I even tried deleting the season.nfo from each show folder hoping it would rebuild but it still showing up with this incorrect info.

Nested folders can be problematic as the wrong level is getting identified as a Series in this example.

Happy2Play

But both are probably related as it would appear to that folder on that library.

Edited by Happy2Play

CasaWongo

Hi, I don't think the permission error is the main issue.. although I'm not sure why it's happening. So, what I have tried so far.. 1) moved all the shows outside of the kdrama sub-folder 2) deleted all the .dif, .nfo, .jpg and leave just the mp4 in each show 3) deleted the kdrama folder under the library and created a new folder called "korean drama" 4) moved a few shows at a time and started the scan files/refresh meta data.. it worked fine until a particular show somehow caused the "korean drama" folder to have a metadata tag of another show.. then some of the shows episode info (that were fine a few min ago) started to inherit the folder episode info.. it's like a virus that spread to all the other shows episode info. I had this settings for awhile now and never had this issue.. My other folders are fine with no "corruption", but this is weird..

image.png.6a73d9629d7a2815fa694cd837136353.png

seanbuff

As @Happy2Play said, looks like you have a nested folder problem.

The path should include the Series name, but yours only has the top-level folder:
image.png.5bdd78839fb9c1e2151017d5400ce319.png

What folders have you added to your 'TV Shows' library?
image.png.b7ffb99915fa600c64e87029a8277a49.png

CasaWongo

Ok, I will try and move them out. But I never had this issue before.. I have Anime, CDrama, JDrama top level folders with shows within them and never had this issue with incorrect classification of show or folder..