Problems with CoverArt on new server

DatsiK96

DatsiK96
Just now, Happy2Play said:

So basically, your system isn't writing CA Resources properly when they are gotten on demand from online.  Suggest permission or network issue retrieving the resource but nothing is logged.  But devs will have to comment more.

Will be problematic as a cleanup task deletes anything over 30 days old and regenerates but if you extracted these resources into the resource folder does it work?

resources.zip 1.59 MB · 0 downloads

It's funny, I literally just thought of that and moved over my folder from the old server into the new... And it all works now! Hah :P

I thought permission issue as well...

I will admit, I'm caching Emby on an NFS share... I don't know if that's 100% supported. But my hopes were that I could remotely store the cached stuff on the network (on our NAS), and keep the Emby Server light in terms of local storage.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, DatsiK96 said:

I will admit, I'm caching Emby on an NFS share

@Lukeis that the issues as this is a custom cache path?

2022-04-21 15:04:10.635 Info Main: Cache path: /nfs/emby/Cache/cache

But note as mentioned above these get nuked every 30 days.  I know this as I use to customize the mframe color and would have to change the file dated every 30 day and ever version update.

• Like 1

It's probably worth a try setting the cache path back to default to see if that makes a difference.

DatsiK96
8 hours ago, Luke said:

It's probably worth a try setting the cache path back to default to see if that makes a difference.

if I did, and it worked, would you consider adding support for it? :D 

We already do. The problem is that we feed the file path into skia and I'm guessing it is what is having trouble with the nfs share.

DatsiK96

Well... I guess I'll just leave it as is for right now... I mean, it works as long as the resources are generated properly, which I've copied over... If I continue to have issues I'll try out a different caching path.

Thank you to everyone that helped! Emby support is phenomenal compared to your competitors.

And @Luke, I find it amazing that you have time to maintain Emby AND respond to what it seems to be every single support thread on here. Stunning. Thank you, and good luck!

• Thanks 1