Problems with CoverArt on new server

DatsiK96

DatsiK96

Hello!

I'm having multiple issues with CoverArt.

I have at this point completely uninstalled it, restarted emby, then shut it down, and manually deleted the config file it left behind.

But it seems that the issues continue to persist.

What I am experiencing is the following:

No "TV Show" text on TV shows

image.thumb.png.64cfa4258d4251dfef95d83497b5258f.png

No "Season #" text on seasons

image.png.c6287df8a510fe119dce64febbb982ae.png

Movies without any cover art on it:

image.png.5723e4fe862e40485322aed0c2ad8648.png

And that's just the display issues!

It seems there is some other strange configuration bug going on where anytime I edit the default profile, it will create some ghost "Unknown" profile out of thin air!

image.png.4db03aba8aef11e0fb48389c433013b8.png

And because of this, I can't seem to get any of my profile changes to save! Not even if I make a custom one and point it to a path I want it to apply too.

As of right now, I will make a change, go back, and then click on the profile, and no changes were saved. I leave the profile again, and there's the unknown.

Sometimes it'll create a second unknown, with a capital U. In this case I can usually delete one, but not the other.

I can not delete all unknowns once one is created, and again... none of my settings are saving.

One last bug on it I'd like to report all the treatment options, don't have a preview image.

image.png.46bb8d072586358b52147bca6b02b61a.png

Yet the preview images on the selection menu for the treatment style do... Very strange indeed.

I'd love some help on this! Thank you!

CoverArt 4.1.17.0

Emby 4.6.7.0

Ubuntu 20.04

Happy2Play

Probably need to see a server log.

But don't think the creation of unknown profiles has ever been reported.

Might have to shut down Emby and delete the coverart.xml.

DatsiK96
56 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Probably need to see a server log.

But don't think the creation of unknown profiles has ever been reported.

Might have to shut down Emby and delete the coverart.xml.

Ill try and get the logs soon. As for the deletion, I already done that.

Thank you! 

• Thanks 1

Hi.  My first guess would be that your server either doesn't have access to or there is no space on some critical file system location.

DatsiK96

Here is a snippet of the logs

https://pastebin.com/g0STG2UG

If you need more, let me know.

Thanks again for looking at this...

Quick note... as of today, without me changing anything, SOME of the images appear to be loading.

Also, another quick note on the space issue, I have 20GBs available on the main partition that Emby is running off of. It may be permissions, but it should be noted that this is a fresh install, and I've done nothing with the permissions. Emby is the owner and group of the files that it is referencing in the logs.

Hi.  Please refresh metadata replacing images on an item you think is not working properly and then attach the entire server log here.

Thanks.

I see several successful treatments applied there.  Exactly what did you refresh and why do you think it didn't work?

Screenshots?

DatsiK96

I refreshed Forever Strong, and this is what it looks like compared to something that is working.

image.png.13d93c40e5b7ab8a37ab34f0f49470d4.png

Additionally, as I had shown in the previous screen shots... the TV shows... all of them are like this...

image.thumb.png.655d4dd046322a62c8e5ce4915143af6.png

And seasons aren't showing up correctly either.

image.png.34a6fa414166cb1be6aec2a0f450bb82.png

For comparison... This is what it looks like on my old server...

image.thumb.png.161f513830523fde8a192b7fb187805d.png

image.png.5730f08d6b6ae26f1b3b8f8c50ccd5d0.png

But on the new server... well... see the first screenshots.

Happy2Play

Skia (image processing) throws a lot of errors on your new server.  Even appear to have issues throwing Response 500 errors for the resources used for image treatment.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DatsiK96 said:

I refreshed Forever Strong,

Does that item show proper media information in its detail page?

DatsiK96
Just now, ebr said:

Does that item show proper media information in its detail page?

Looks like it. Full metadata all over. Bio, cast and crew, etc.

7 minutes ago, DatsiK96 said:

Looks like it. Full metadata all over. Bio, cast and crew, etc.

Not metadata - media information.  Down at the bottom, do you see the video and audio streams and all their properties?

DatsiK96
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Not metadata - media information.  Down at the bottom, do you see the video and audio streams and all their properties?

Ah yeah, I misread that.

Looks like it...

image.png.3f959c5424a9a4f9dde68b2c4a13af7d.pngimage.thumb.png.be625d9f2d68db132c12a3b9e495228b.png

Okay, the issue with your log is there are a lot of things going on at the same time and we do a lot of things asynchronously so I cannot tell exactly where the error I'm seeing is coming from.

Would it be possible to get your server in a very quiet state and then you just refresh this one item (be sure and "replace images") and then immediately grab the log?

DatsiK96

embyserver.txt

There you go! I tried annotating where things happened... but Emby seemed to overwrite my line... so that didn't really work out. But this log is much more refined and specific.

I restarted the server, went directly to the movie, refreshed with replacing images and already had the log file ready to export, so it wouldn't add anything else to the log. Nothing else appeared to be happening either. So should be a good source.

Strangely enough, looking at it myself, I don't see any errors on metadata refresh, however when Emby tried to send me the image of it, that's where Skia had some issues it seems.

Thoughts?

This line is strange:

2022-04-21 09:21:29.623 Debug CoverArt: CoverArt using profile Unknown for Forever Strong

There should be a profile of either a directory or "Default" there.

Can you try a clean install of CA with no modifications to the config?  You may need to completely remove the old config file.

DatsiK96
1 minute ago, ebr said:

This line is strange:

2022-04-21 09:21:29.623 Debug CoverArt: CoverArt using profile Unknown for Forever Strong

There should be a profile of either a directory or "Default" there.

Can you try a clean install of CA with no modifications to the config?  You may need to completely remove the old config file.

Yeah that's the first thing I did after I couldn't get it to work the first time. Uninstalled, restarted emby, shut it down, deleted the remnants left over, including the config file... No dice.

DatsiK96

embyserver.txt

Just to be safe, I redid all of it again. Similar issues... but different... which is strange... Now it's no longer creating the "Uknown" profile. And settings are being saved... but it's still not generating the cover art.

DatsiK96

Hey all, not to be a bother... any updates on this? I'm decently technical, I'm willing to try whatever you guys think might help!

It appears that the skia image processor is having trouble reading some of your image files, although the log suggests that only a few are affected.

Is coverart at default settings now?

DatsiK96
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It appears that the skia image processor is having trouble reading some of your image files, although the log suggests that only a few are affected.

Is coverart at default settings now?

it was at the time of the log file I sent you. When I had deleted everything.

DatsiK96

So it looks like I forgot to clear out the cache for CoverArt on those uninstalls/reinstalls...

Only found this out as I looked at the cache folder and saw it there.

However, upon deleting those out, Emby is apparently creating the cache files as CoverArt expects, but it's leaving them empty.

Emby has full control over those files and folders, so I don't understand why it's creating empty files, but I suspect this is the root cause of the issue.

Nowhere in the logs does Emby record what it's trying to do, and why it's creating empty files for the cache, even with Debug info on.

image.png.4eb5ca9dedd6635a619658f5d60a1e8d.png

It looks like, some files are just fine...

image.png.eeb7500438949df3b3d2feabc7335491.png

But, not all. Including the font that gets placed there.

image.png.314c8ece988b604ecba8f3c68e10f17e.png

This is why TV Shows do not have any text on them.

Where could I start looking to see why Emby is creating empty files?

EDIT:

Looks like this is what happens for ex_tvseries.jpg in the above picture.

2022-04-25 08:41:31.165 Debug CoverArt: Opening /nfs/emby/Cache/cache/coverart/4.1.17.0/resources/ex_tvseries.jpg for decoding without forceCleanBitmap
2022-04-25 08:41:31.166 Debug CoverArt: Opening /nfs/emby/Cache/cache/coverart/4.1.17.0/resources/ex_tvseries.jpg for decoding with forceCleanBitmap
2022-04-25 08:41:31.166 Debug CoverArt: SKFileStream opening /nfs/emby/Cache/cache/coverart/4.1.17.0/resources/ex_tvseries.jpg
2022-04-25 08:41:31.169 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-109-generic (buildd@ubuntu) (gcc version 9.4.0 (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1)) #123-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 8 09:10:54 UTC 2022
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Skia error - codec is null
	   at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKEncodedOrigin& origin)
	   at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKEncodedOrigin& origin)
	   at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap)
	   at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.EnhanceImage(String originalImage, ProfileDefinition profile, String itemType, String frameType, BaseItem item, List`1 childImages)
	   at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.BuildPreviews(ProfileDefinition profile, String itemType, Boolean overlays)
	   at CoverArt.Skia.SkiaCoverArtImageProcessor.GetImageResult(ImageRequest request, IRequest fullRequest, IHttpResultFactory resultFactory)
	   at CoverArt.API.ImageHandler.Get(ImageRequest request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: CoverArt
	TargetSite: SkiaSharp.SKBitmap Decode(System.String, Boolean, System.Nullable`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Drawing.ImageOrientation], SkiaSharp.SKEncodedOrigin ByRef)

But I can't see where it's trying to create it, only access it, and it fails because it's empty.

Looking at other file creations, it seems they are placed in the cache/temp then moved to the main folder, this doesn't happen for this file, it's just there empty, and the logs don't explain why.

An example of what I'm talking about...

2022-04-25 08:41:28.698 Debug CoverArt: SKFileStream opening /nfs/emby/Cache/cache/temp/b40fcae2-c367-49f5-89e5-9f2adb661373.png
2022-04-25 08:41:28.764 Debug CoverArt: Opening /nfs/emby/Cache/cache/coverart/4.1.17.0/MetroCase/Series.png for decoding with forceCleanBitmap
2022-04-25 08:41:28.764 Debug CoverArt: SKFileStream opening /nfs/emby/Cache/cache/coverart/4.1.17.0/MetroCase/Series.png
2022-04-25 08:41:28.775 Debug CoverArt: CoverArt using frame type Series from image set MetroCase for Preview Series Item
2022-04-25 08:41:29.011 Info CoverArt: image enhance of Preview Series Item took 0.479 seconds.

EDIT 2: Deleting the temp folder and coverart produces the same results.

Edited by DatsiK96

Happy2Play

So basically, your system isn't writing CA Resources properly when they are gotten on demand from online.  Suggest permission or network issue retrieving the resource but nothing is logged.  But devs will have to comment more.

Will be problematic as a cleanup task deletes anything over 30 days old and regenerates but if you extracted these resources into the resource folder does it work?

resources.zip