Time Out Error verifing Registration Status

Vicpa

Hi,

Can I do that at the app level ? If so how? I only know how to do that globally, not sure that would be a good thing. What if I just put mb3admin.com in a host file? Neither option is good long term. Will try hosts and report back

-Thanks

Hi,

For whatever reason the hosts file didn't work with the server. I put in the IPv4 address and ping resolves to that and works. I have no idea what the server is doing but it still times out. Just for grins I put in the different  IPv6 address from the online tool referenced above and again ping resolved to that, but that timed out as well.

I am at the fringe of my expertise, but not sure if I am comfortable in disabling IPv6. That seems fraught with peril.

Thoughts or suggestions ?

Would you mind running that same traceroute you ran earlier but don't stop it this time if it times out on a few of the hops? Let it run for a while.

Hi

Here is the results

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\windows\system32>tracert mb3admin.com

Tracing route to mb3admin.com [2400:cb00:2048:1::681c:1774]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  2601:b:bb80:f:cad7:19ff:fe48:2f24
  2    26 ms    29 ms    28 ms  2001:558:6027:1::1
  3     8 ms    10 ms    10 ms  xe-10-1-0-32767-sur01.egoshen.pa.panjde.comcast.
net [2001:558:22:9::1]
  4     9 ms    10 ms    11 ms  xe-22-0-0-0-ar03.newcastle.de.panjde.comcast.net
 [2001:558:20:527::1]
  5    25 ms    15 ms    15 ms  2001:558:0:f92e::1
  6    20 ms    18 ms    18 ms  he-0-7-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [20
01:558:0:f5ba::2]
  7    18 ms    19 ms    17 ms  he-1-9-0-0-cr01.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net
[2001:558:0:f5bf::2]
  8    20 ms    18 ms    20 ms  as4436-2-c.111eighthave.ny.ibone.comcast.net [20
01:559::51a]
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21    14 ms    14 ms    13 ms  2400:cb00:2048:1::681c:1774

Trace complete.

C:\windows\system32>

Hope this helps

OK, so it does get to the destination, it just times out resolving any host information for a bunch of hops in between. I've come across some threads talking about that same issue with comcast, like this one:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/IPv6-Routing-Issue/td-p/2037597

Ping was still working in that case though.

Just made some other adjustments, see what happens now with the registration check.

Hi

Sorry it took so long to get back. I tried this am and still got the time out message. :( .

What is next? Will keep trying Just let me know what you want me to do

Thanks

It appears that the requests for the json files are going through (MB3ServerNotifications.json & MB3Packages.json) so it would seem that communication with the server may not be the issue. @@ebr could there be an issue with ipv6 in the registration system? Like an IP field in the database not big enough to take a ~35 character IP?

It appears that the requests for the json files are going through (MB3ServerNotifications.json & MB3Packages.json) so it would seem that communication with the server may not be the issue. @@ebr could there be an issue with ipv6 in the registration system? Like an IP field in the database not big enough to take a ~35 character IP?

That shouldn't hold anything up and wouldn't explain his timeouts on a tracert or timeouts in general...

The timeouts are only occurring on registration tasks. He is getting the JSON files from the same server without issue. The tracert is a false flag that has to do with Comcast seemingly blocking resolution of interim servers, see the link I posted earlier. Notice that his tracert does actually complete and gets to the right address, the timeouts are on resolving the interim server names and IPs.

But from his server log:

2014-09-24 10:29:40.5226 Error - SecurityManager: Error checking registration status of MBSupporter
	The operation has timed out
	System.Net.WebException

Right, but 18 lines above that:

2014-09-24 10:29:32.5929 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3Packages.json

Same server via name, no communication problem. So it is only timing out on the registration tasks.

The static files would be cached by CloudFlare, right?

I can't see anything in our error logs that would indicate a problem on our end and there are over 700 entries in our db with IPv6 addresses.  This really looks like an issue related to IPv6 and his connection.

Yep, static files would be cached.

I didn't see anything in our server logs either. I wish I had a better way of testing the ipv6 connection, I can't enable it in my current environment.

@@Vicpa would you please try pinging 2600:3c02::f03c:91ff:fe6e:0540