Time Out Error verifing Registration Status

Vicpa

Hi,

Since 3.0.5366.22005 time out errors have been occurring. I read through the post "Supporter Key no longer Working" but didn't find any specific resolution.

I have tried the three Rs, restarting, rebooting and re-installing with no luck.

I have noticed that the check for updates that usually takes 1 sec is now 42.

Log highlight

Error - SecurityManager: Error checking registration status of MBSupporter
           The operation has timed out

Complete log attached.ServerLog9-24.txt

I can't think of any recent changes on Pc running the server or router.

Thanks for your help! Let me know if you need more details.

Is it still happening?  We had a few minute hiccup on our end last night.  Perhaps this was right when this was happening?

Hi,

I tried a restart around 7 this am. That is the log I attached. I just restarted again 10:30 and received the same error.

Try refreshing an item and post that log.  I see errors on every outside network attempt that was made in that last log but the only other ones were to fanart and they all threw an error.

What did you refresh?  I don't see any requests going out again other than the fanart ones and ours and all of them are failing.  Do you not have the tmdb or tvdb providers enabled?

In any case, I'm seeing an inability for the program to properly communicate with any outside source.  Points to a firewall, proxy or local network issue.

Hi

I refreshed an episode of Outlander. Haven't changed any firewall settings in ages but will check. Machine definitely has internet connectivity. I streamed a class in for hours yesterday and downloaded some files this am.

The fanart errors don't look like local errors, they are "500" errors returned from fanart.

Yeah, I saw that but it is still curious and I can't tell for anything else because there aren't any other requests to any other sites in there.  If a proxy was involved, that could cause a 500, no?

Hi

@@ebr

I checked my firewall and router settings

Firewall

5422e168c7cd7_firewall.png

Router

5422e192e1864_router.png

And Lastly isn't this where I need to go?

5422e1c905d18_ping.png

Is there anything else I should check?

Yeah, I saw that but it is still curious and I can't tell for anything else because there aren't any other requests to any other sites in there.  If a proxy was involved, that could cause a 500, no?

The fanart requests are for boxsets and an ID of 00000 is being sent with the request, so nothing is returned.

Maybe it is related to IPv6 as I see that is what it is trying to use...

Yeah, lemme look at the IPv6 settings.

Hmmm. I'm using this online tool to test and I have no trouble pinging via name or ip6

http://www.subnetonline.com/pages/ipv6-network-tools/online-ipv6-ping.php

As a quick test can you momentarily disable your firewall and see if the ping will work? That an easy test that eliminates one possibility entirely.

That tool works for me too but the IP address is slightly different.  Mine came back ending in 1674 where his is showing 1774...

Hi

I can try the firewall test in a little while

But take a look at below, (don't know if it helps)

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\windows\system32>tracert mb3admin.com

Tracing route to mb3admin.com [2400:cb00:2048:1::681c:1774]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  2601:b:bb80:f:cad7:19ff:fe48:2f24
  2    30 ms    64 ms    23 ms  2001:558:6027:1::1
  3    40 ms     9 ms     9 ms  xe-9-0-0-32767-sur01.egoshen.pa.panjde.comcast.n
et [2001:558:22:103::1]
  4     9 ms    10 ms    20 ms  xe-22-0-0-0-ar03.newcastle.de.panjde.comcast.net
 [2001:558:20:527::1]
  5    18 ms    16 ms    13 ms  pos-5-15-0-0-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [
2001:558:0:f7be::1]
  6    18 ms    20 ms    17 ms  he-0-7-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [20
01:558:0:f5ba::2]
  7    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  he-1-10-0-0-cr01.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net
 [2001:558:0:f5be::2]
  8    20 ms    19 ms    18 ms  as4436-2-c.111eighthave.ny.ibone.comcast.net [20
01:559::51a]
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *     ^C
C:\windows\system32>

Basically, it looks like you are getting the wrong address.  I don't know if that is an error in a DNS server somewhere or what.

Can you turn off IPv6 and see if it works with v4?

Don't think it is a wrong address, that is probably a cloudflare address which would change based on your geographic location.

Hi,

Just to verify:  turning firewall off made no difference. Ping still timed out.

Want me to try anything else ?

Again thanks for all the troubleshooting