Downloading Documents like Word, Excel

wima

I think this will stretch out the concept of Media Browser.

As the name implies it is build for media first.

If you need a web based file browser for documents etc, why don't you try owncloud?

I think that will suite a job like this much better  ;)

Edited by CM000n

trooper11

I don't need access to local documents, etc, but I have setup a tile on one of my win 8.1 htpc start screens that will open up IE directly to the free office apps.  I have a tile for each program (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).  So if I needed to open up a document for reference, I can easily enough, even with my harmony remote.  The nice thing about using those apps is that both IE and the web apps themselves are touch friendly, which means they are also remote friendly (especially if you are using a harmony remote)

For me personally, there is no need for MB to offer such functionality since I can already work very well with those files in Win 8.1.

Now, I have wondered if it would be useful to be able to point MBS to cloud storage for media that can then serve that media to other devices.  I do store photos and some videos on my OneDrive account.  If that location could be added to MBS as a library, or if maybe client apps like the Win 8/WP ones could directly access online storage, that could be useful.  This is certainly an off topic point though lol.